Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The problem is....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Not that the Amex has become sentient and is sending us down, not Hyypia, not Bloom/Burke/Barber or even Ashley Barnes.

The problem is we had a period of success riding the new stadium wave and expectations rose to high.

I would love us to be top six but no matter how good the stadium/pies/training ground etc it isn't a divine right of ours. Every team in this league has reason why they could be up there.

What we need is to recognise our level, that we are a club growing and enjoy it.

Have your beers, enjoy the match, support the team as much as you can (Hyppia too) and enjoy the ride.

All the scapegoating going on to explain why our attendance was ONLY 16,500 odd or our results and why aren't we top of everything is ridiculous.

Rant over.

453fc515ccbe79fa6c4ac3d164f40d76.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The other problem is every single club in the land adds 10,000 to their gates when they get promotion to the Premier,when we get there i hope that our gates don't have to rise 10,000 from 10,000...that said we should start saving for 40,000 seats right now,before we lose momentum.....

Other than that i am in full agreement and i will be confident we can mount a title challenge for next season if it all goes wrong,the long haul it is,but if a lift is availiable rather than the stairs then we should use it..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The main problem is Hyypia. He controls and picks the team.Both Brentford and Bournemouth are in the top 6 which goes to show how poor we are. After that it's our recruitment policy. This is the ultimate root to our problems.

Everything else being thrown on here about are just excuses i agree.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Both Brentford and Bournemouth are in the top 6 which goes to show how GOOD they are!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes expectations rose way to fast as in reality we're one of 20+ clubs with a lovely stadium and we was on a crest of a wave with the feel good factor...Also we don't have parachute payments like many to attract better players.
This means we need to be astute with our finances and have a fantastic scouting network,sadly we don't and we've wasted millions on overpaid flops.

Derby are a prime example of what we need to focus on...Young talented players and a team that play for eachother in a system that suits them,plus they put the fans first and offer cheaper ST's.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Both Brentford and Bournemouth are in the top 6 which goes to show how GOOD they are!!

Also we are better equipped to survive the rouge wave that threatens to sink good ship Albion this season,when that enevitable wave hits those two,sadly i feel they will be sunk with all hands lost.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How much of it is also that the teams we are playing don't have as much appeal as they would have had a couple of seasons ago?

Do our fans still get excited going to watch us play teams like Charlton, Wigan and Millwall and Ipswich? If they did, then maybe the atmosphere would be better?

However, after playing a lot of the same teams over several seasons, the lure to watch them as a big(ger) club than us and the hope we can upset them or now prove we are a big(ger) club has worn off and to some it's all becoming a bit samey, so the crowd isn't as enthused going into the game.

The same would occur if we were ever promoted to the top flight and managed to stay there for a few season, the novelty of playing teams like Stoke, West Brom and Newcastle would eventaully wear off and attendances and the atmosphere could and probably would drop off too, just like we have seen this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here