Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16 minutes and 44 seconds ...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ridiculously tight division. SMall margins will determine where we finish this season. Top half or bottom three could be decided by two or three goals in tight matches.

Feb 14, 2010
... the amount of time we have spent in the relegation zone.

I didn't enjoy any of it.

I understand you supported Birmingham City as a kid and so I haven't worked out why you are that worried? For those of us born into the Albion then we understand it comes with the territory. Brighton have always been a lower league club with a very large support that could rival most top flight sides if we ever got there. The problem at the Albion always has been the team. But Tony Bloom is doing his best so how about people who have not spent 200Million on the Albion give it a rest?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Couple of wins and we would be mid table.

Just need to get those elusive wins.

D

Deleted member 2719

... the amount of time we have spent in the relegation zone.

I didn't enjoy any of it.

I think you going to have to get used to it, we are going to spend weeks in it if Sami can't sort his half time talk out.

Feb 14, 2010
How about focus on the positive. There will be 28000/30000 for Fulham at the next home game and a fan who spent 200 Million on a ground to replace the Goldstone and a training ground.. Fabulous support by both Chairman and fans.

I understand you supported Birmingham City as a kid

As a yoof.

As a kid, I followed Newport County.

My first game at the Goldstone was in 1972, so I've known a full spectrum of Albion highs and lows. And plenty of moments when we've turned a corner.

Hopefully, that Kazenga moment this afternoon, when we climbed out of the bottom three, is the start of something good.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully, that Kazenga moment this afternoon, when we climbed out of the bottom three, is the start of something good.

He reminded me of a MATADOR.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great result today but feel we blew 2 points, happy train home

Feb 14, 2010
As a yoof.

As a kid, I followed Newport County.

My first game at the Goldstone was in 1972, so I've known a full spectrum of Albion highs and lows. And plenty of moments when we've turned a corner.

Im old fashioned like that, you dont choose a football club or ever choose one, you are born into it. You can watch other teams but a football club is like nationality, born with it. The Albion is not really about the bunch of jokers on the pitch, its much much more.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
How about focus on the positive. There will be 28000/30000 for Fulham at the next home game and a fan who spent 200 Million on a ground to replace the Goldstone and a training ground.. Fabulous support by both Chairman and fans.

Yes, the advantages of supporting the Albion are there for all to see. To be fair to the post, I think it was not meant to be negative at all.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
From an outside view point I don't think you guys have too much to worry about. I think Blackpool, Rotherham, Millwall, Birmingham are worse than Albion. Bolton,Wigan,Leeds and huddersfield are no better. You will be fine, Good point today.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Im old fashioned like that, you dont choose a football club or ever choose one, you are born into it. You can watch other teams but a football club is like nationality, born with it. The Albion is not really about the bunch of jokers on the pitch, its much much more.

Yes, fully agree. It is in the blood. There have been many times when I have been so cheesed off with results over the last 50 years, but still keep coming back. Someone once said that the current set-up represents the current custodians of the club -they come and go , but we, the fans are ever-present. What does the song say -I am Brighton 'till I die . .

In principle, I agree. But what can you do when your parents move a hundred miles away from where you started following your club? Live matches are what nurtures true support and a move to Birmingham had the inevitable consequence of Saturday afternoons at Somerton Park being replaced by Saturday afternoons at St Andrew's. It was five years after I first moved to Brighton that I started going to the Goldstone and that was probably motivated as much by the fact that, by 1972, with my family no longer living in Birmingham, I no longer had a reason to be visiting Brum regularly. I wasn't going to give up live football, though.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes, the advantages of supporting the Albion are there for all to see. To be fair to the post, I think it was not meant to be negative at all.

Maybe so, maybe not, but I have had enough of people knocking my football club. From people who want to disclose attendance in a way that no other club does, to others that cant help but whine that things on the pitch have not worked out. The Albion is a fantastic institution. Maybe because I dont live there anymore I appreciate it more than others. Charlton v Millwall today in London, and the crowd wont come close to Brighton v Fulham. Bloom is doing his best to match a team with the support. So really, it time people gave it a rest.

Feb 14, 2010
In principle, I agree. But what can you do when your parents move a hundred miles away from where you started following your club? Live matches are what nurtures true support and a move to Birmingham had the inevitable consequence of Saturday afternoons at Somerton Park being replaced by Saturday afternoons at St Andrew's. It was five years after I first moved to Brighton that I started going to the Goldstone and that was probably motivated as much by the fact that, by 1972, with my family no longer living in Birmingham, I no longer had a reason to be visiting Brum regularly. I wasn't going to give up live football, though.

You are an ex pat Birmingham fan watching Brighton games. You are born into a football club. You might get affection for another by living in an area, but really, you need to wind your neck in and stop slagging off my football club that is my and others birthright. How many do Birmingham get at home in the lower leagues despite their success compared to us? But you wont understand the point I make. This club is not about the jokers on the pitch.

I understand you supported Birmingham City as a kid and so I haven't worked out why you are that worried? For those of us born into the Albion then we understand it comes with the territory. Brighton have always been a lower league club with a very large support that could rival most top flight sides if we ever got there. The problem at the Albion always has been the team. But Tony Bloom is doing his best so how about people who have not spent 200Million on the Albion give it a rest?

Wow !! Lord B being given a lecture on supporting the Albion.

I heard that during his recent hospital adventures doctors were baffled by his condition because every MRI, X Ray and blood test would come back blue and white.

I mean, really ?

... I am Brighton 'till I die . .
Me too. And County 'til I die.

It's possible to embrace both sentiments.

The affection for Birmingham City has diminished a bit, though - except, of course, when they are playing the Villa. Every time I hear 'Keep Right On', a terrible sense of guilt overwhelms me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here