Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Giffgaff and iPhone users

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've recently changed my network provider to giffgaff from Three. I unlocked my iphone5 from 3

I used my PAC code from 3 and have ported my number over. However, I used the new temporary number supplied by giffgaff for a day whilst I was waiting for the transfer, and it happened last Wednesday.

When I log into my giffgaff account my number is showing as my original number that I ported over, but I text a friend last night and he asked who I was, which I thought was odd but it turns out that I'm using the temporary number that was supplied.

How is this possible? Is there a setting or something on the phone that needs changing? Or has there been a mix up on giffgaffs end somehow?

I'm having trouble understanding why everything looks ok on my giffgaff account, the usage on my goodybag shows I'm activated, that my number has been ported, but I'm sending texts and calling from the temporary number?

I've tried turning it off and on again and that doesn't work, I've even tried removing the SIM card and giving it a wipe.

Is there a setting on the phone somewhere that needs changing?

Any help would be appreciated!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was it a text or an iMessage? Does your mate have an iPhone?

If so, go into Settings > Messages > Send & Receive

It might be that you're still sending iMessages from your old number.

If your mate hasn't got an iPhone and/or it wasn't an iMessage then I have no idea as I've never ported a number before.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I think I've cracked it.

He has got an iPhone.

I turned off iMessages and FaceTime. Reset the network settings, turned iMessages and FaceTime back on and it seems to have picked up my old number so think it was a phone issue, not giffgaffs.

Just got to figure out how to get my messages to go to the missus as iMessage not text. I get iMessages to everyone else with an iPhone. Just not her.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think I've cracked it.

He has got an iPhone.

I turned off iMessages and FaceTime. Reset the network settings, turned iMessages and FaceTime back on and it seems to have picked up my old number so think it was a phone issue, not giffgaffs.

Just got to figure out how to get my messages to go to the missus as iMessage not text. I get iMessages to everyone else with an iPhone. Just not her.

That will be at her end. Again check Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. It may be that, for example, she only has her email address stored as being able to receive iMessages, but you're sending to her telephone number or vice versa. Or she may have iMessage off completely.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here