Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the team improved ???

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Since Poyet chose this 11 that beat Newcastle in the FA Cup ?

Brighton & Hove Albion: Brezovan; Calderón, Greer, Dunk, El-Abd; Buckley, Sparrow, Bridcutt, Forster-Caskey, Barnes; Mackail-Smith..

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No - worse squad which is reflected in our position in the table. I know the eleven you have listed may not look great on paper but players like Calde, El-Abd, Buckley, Barnes and CMS were all younger and I think hungrier than what we have now and Poyet's tactics got the best out of what he had. I accept we should be doing better with our present squad but that in my opinion is down to the manager to get the best out of what he has and that is where Sammi comes up short.

Since then we've also lost the backbone of our side from the last year - we have a worse keeper, awful forward replacements for Ulloa, and have lost the man who made us 'tick' in Bridcutt. Add to this the fact that our captain who to be fair has been pretty reliable is now starting to show his age and has lost his form, and the lack of goals from midfield, it's pretty obvious where our battle is this season.

My views may be considered negative, but I would happily take finishing 20th now to be honest, and look to rebuild properly next summer.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Brighton & Hove Albion: Brezovan; Calderón, Greer, Dunk, El-Abd; Buckley, Sparrow, Bridcutt, Forster-Caskey, Barnes; Mackail-Smith..

Thats not the strongest team he could have put out as Noone, Lualua, Vicente and Ankergren were in this squad that I can think of, so there could be others and the two who not wirh us now we have not replaced.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Taking that 11

Stockdale - Brezovan stronger
Calderon - J Bennett (a proper LB) stronger
Greer - Greer
Dunk - Dunk
El_Abd - Calderon stronger
Buckley - Gardner weaker
Sparrow - Teixeira weaker
Bridcutt - Holla or Ince weaker
JFC - JFC
Barnes - Colunga weaker
CMS - CMS

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The squad is better now than it was in so much as those with less ability are now better than their like then ie we have raised the bar at the bottom of the squad. But the first team is probably worse as we have far less flair to turn a game when needed we have become an average team that struggle to adapt to changing tactics/situations.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I think the guys are playing well, in general, but need some luck

Im sorry but you must be wrong, this is DEFINITELY the worst year and team in the clubs history and we are DOOMED, DOOMED I TELLS YA!

Lev1

Jun 8, 2014
Im sorry but you must be wrong, this is DEFINITELY the worst year and team in the clubs history and we are DOOMED, DOOMED I TELLS YA!

I'm just sAying what I think on the games I've seen,,,I gather things are not good, but everyone needs to try and stay positive and things will improve...

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I'm just sAying what I think on the games I've seen,,,I gather things are not good, but everyone needs to try and stay positive and things will improve...

Sorry just seen you are new here, give it time and you will learn to read sarcasm its a second language on here

Lev1

Jun 8, 2014
Sorry just seen you are new here, give it time and you will learn to read sarcasm its a second language on here

Yes I will hopefully, yes I am new...but it doesn't mean I don't want things to improve for everyone ...really hope the guys win today

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It's ok I'm new, just finding my feet on NSC

Ita cool, we have been through so much worst, champ club, big crowds,amazing stadium, I dont get why people are constantly moaning and starting a thread a day about how bad things are, its the best we have it fir decades! Short memories im afraid. Enjoy NSC mate

Lev1

Jun 8, 2014
Ita cool, we have been through so much worst, champ club, big crowds,amazing stadium, I dont get why people are constantly moaning and starting a thread a day about how bad things are, its the best we have it fir decades! Short memories im afraid. Enjoy NSC mate
I've sent a pm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here