Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King & chasemore, hove. Worst estate agents in hove ?

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
I've had the misfortune of dealing with a purchase of a property through their church rd branch. Horrific experience, being told completely different things about the position of the seller, by different members of their staff. No one there seems to have any real knowledge of the properties they are selling other than the information already on right move.

Three other agents I've spoken to have complained they are giving estate agents a bad name as apparently they look to overprice property on purpose just to get the instruction and then pressure youto reduce the price a few weeks later, apparently.

Also they seem obsessed with wanting to arrange your mortgage rather than help you with your property purchase. Possibly because they earn more . commission this way
Shocking really.

Anyone know a worse estate agent ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some good ones, but infected with so many bad. No one should ever engage any conveyancing, solicitors or mortgages 'recommended' by an estate agent. Unless you understand that by recommended they actually mean a lead they get paid for...

albionite

May 20, 2009
Found the one in Worthing very good, as with most things down to individuals they employ.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I used Nash Watson and they were excellent, sorry, that doesn't really help you!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Cubbit and West, Kemptown. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

Although, to be fair that was over a year ago, and I believe the staff have changed since then

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Got mine on with Fox & Sons at the moment; they seem to be exactly the same as your mob.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I've had the misfortune of dealing with a purchase of a property through their church rd branch. Horrific experience, being told completely different things about the position of the seller, by different members of their staff. No one there seems to have any real knowledge of the properties they are selling other than the information already on right move.

Three other agents I've spoken to have complained they are giving estate agents a bad name as apparently they look to overprice property on purpose just to get the instruction and then pressure youto reduce the price a few weeks later, apparently.

Also they seem obsessed with wanting to arrange your mortgage rather than help you with your property purchase. Possibly because they earn more . commission this way
Shocking really.

we used the one in Lewes Road to sell our house, waited nearly 3 months for them to arrange the buyers mortgage.
you are right bl**dy useless

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I agree with the views of King & Chasemore as well.
I viewed a few properties with them, their agents are arrogant parasites. Really pushing people who have no concern for your personal circumstances. In the end I stopped viewing properties represented by King & Chasemore.

I brought a property with Sawyer & Co - absolute pleasure to deal with. All the staff were very helpful, but honest as well.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Years ago, when my mum died i put the house on with Fox & Sons as sole agents (big mistake). Three months later & nothing moving (they said the market was dead) i decided to take a gamble and ask other agents in the area if they could help out, most said sorry can't help because of the sole agent deal, but one agent said they had a buyer on their waiting list & i offered them a £1000 cash if aforesaid buyer was notified to which he replied "for that much money i'll walk the ba****rd there myself". Cue next morning, i walk into Fox & Sons with agent & buyer and tell spotty oik that "this man wants to buy my house" - 4 weeks later i completed.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Years ago, when my mum died i put the house on with Fox & Sons as sole agents (big mistake). Three months later & nothing moving (they said the market was dead) i decided to take a gamble and ask other agents in the area if they could help out, most said sorry can't help because of the sole agent deal, but one agent said they had a buyer on their waiting list & i offered them a £1000 cash if aforesaid buyer was notified to which he replied "for that much money i'll walk the ba****rd there myself". Cue next morning, i walk into Fox & Sons with agent & buyer and tell spotty oik that "this man wants to buy my house" - 4 weeks later i completed.

Similar to my experience with C&W who I mentioned earlier. We had our house on the market with them for nearly a full year. Every time we whinged at them nothing was moving, another viewing mysteriously came out the woodwork, usually followed a couple of days later by a derisory offer. Eventually we got so fed up with them, we cancelled the sole agency agreement, waited the agreed period of time and signed to another agent. Our house was sold within a month for the asking price.

Cherry on the cake? The family that eventually bought our home from agent 2 had actually been on the books with C&W all the time we were trying to sell with them, and they'd not even been told about our property.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Similar to my experience with C&W who I mentioned earlier. We had our house on the market with them for nearly a full year. Every time we whinged at them nothing was moving, another viewing mysteriously came out the woodwork, usually followed a couple of days later by a derisory offer. Eventually we got so fed up with them, we cancelled the sole agency agreement, waited the agreed period of time and signed to another agent. Our house was sold within a month for the asking price.

Cherry on the cake? The family that eventually bought our home from agent 2 had actually been on the books with C&W all the time we were trying to sell with them, and they'd not even been told about our property.

C & W in Worthing an extremely frustrating, patronising, arrogant bunch too.....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Never understood why, if you owned a property of say £300k for argument sake, upon selling you would be happy to pay in the region of £5k for them to take a few pics and phone a few applicants when you can go to one of many online firms and sell for less than a bag of sand.
Yes, it does work, have worked in related industry for many years.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
When I was trying to sell my house in Ascot and had no viewings I called to ask why and was told to f**k off.
Berkshire Property Services in North Ascot. Not nice people.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here