Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Hull City signing a striker from Burgess Hill?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
he's been watched many times by many people. Hull taking the plunge is a great sign for him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Burgess Hill star striker Greg Luer has been snapped up by Premier League side Hull City AFC.

Club Chairman Kevin Newell announced today that terms have been agreed for the sale of the striker,

Subject to the player passing a medical, the transaction will be concluded when the transfer window opens on the 1 January 2015. Until then, Greg will remain a Burgess Hill player and will be available to play for the Club.

Chairman Newell added: “We are all delighted that Greg has made his first step towards realising his ambition to play at the highest level - though our pleasure is tinged with the disappointment that we will no longer have Greg’s talents at our disposal. He has been a key player for us this year, and has been influential in the tremendous start to the season we have enjoyed. However, we have always made it clear to our younger players that we would help them progress their careers in any way possible and we are happy to honour that pledge with Greg.”

Terms of the sale remain confidential but Mr Newell said: “I am sure that the terms agreed will stand the Club in good stead for the promotion push that we are undertaking.”

Manager Ian Chapman, said: “Everyone at the Club is very excited for Greg and I wish him every success. My task now is to make sure that his departure does not impact on our progress.

albionite

May 20, 2009
If he is good enough for hull wonder why we haven't taken a gamble on him for our dev squad.
I know Chapman still has close ties with the club so we must of been aware of him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just reading some articles, he had a trial at Millwall recently too. said he needs bulk up. difficult for clubs i suppose to judge if a player is enough to take on, cant just fill development/youth squads with lots of maybes and lose focus on the real talent. might turn out to be another Ian Wright story, or this might be the last time we hear of him.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I saw him play in the FA Cup tie at Sutton.

While he was on the pitch there was no doubt he was something pretty special

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Different scouts will have had different opinions of him some will be proved right some wrong. The way people are saying about him as if we should sign every player scouted. Those that fail still cost money. I would think the club get about 100 letters per month recommending a dead cert future star, we cant sign them all.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Watched him around 6 times this season and when he played for city college,bha do have a problem with giving local players a shout,i suppose Dean Wilkins got a few through to the first team but that been the exception to the rule.

Good luck Greg:thumbsup:

Like Solly March, Lewis Dunk etc....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's been signed up for their dev squad. From what I have seen of him he's very good......good luck to him.

Cos as usual we haven't got our finger on the pulse. And he's a striker anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here