Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's FRIDAY and hereeeeeeee's HARTTTTTTTTY !!!!!!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
173805472.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£200m is the generally accepted figure that TB has invested in the club......is he seriously trying to draw parallels between Bloom and Archer?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
He doesn't, but like most pessimists, if the worse happens, he can say 'I told you so'.
There probably is a hint of truth there. Basically gut feeling is something is wrong behind the scenes but nobody knows what, except Barber is the figurehead. And yet there's no proof anything is wrong at all!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
The editorial image makes the whole thing look very amateur. Reading (well, very quickly scanning) these couple of linked articles made me think of HB&B's posts on the Argus site, but with a quick spelling and grammar check used before posting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To even the most staunch club licker it is obvious that everything isnt 100% hunky dorrey and IMHO Harty has just tried to highlight it to bring it to a head and perhaps benefit everybody in the near future. He is a good man with good honest intentions.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
So he gets in his last little dig then decides that his word should be the final word on the matter and everyone should move on. Ok.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Alarming levels of megalomania :ohmy:

"It’s quite simple, I, like many other Albion fans, feel something is currently seriously flawed at the club. Raising my concerns publicly, as I did back in 1995 over Archer and co, is far better than saying nothing and then, when or if it all implodes at the Amex, thinking could I have done something more."

It's patently obvious that the Albion's current business model is unsustainable. Even with (until fairly recently) a nearly-full stadium, huge numbers of STs stuffing their faces with pies and pints and a comparatively modest wage bill, the club is still losing money hand over fist. The only thing any of us, Harty included, 'could have done more', is consume more pies and pints and buy more crap out the club shop. And with the attendances falling away dramatically now, even that wouldn't help, if indeed it ever could. From here on in, its going to need a massive further investment on the playing side to reverse the downward spiral. There is no alternative. As things stand, the implosion is already under way. And no, we can't do more.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
£200m is the generally accepted figure that TB has invested in the club......is he seriously trying to draw parallels between Bloom and Archer?

I agree. Archer was driving the club to extinction. TB may (or may not) have made some personnel decisions that he may (or may not) come to regret.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO it is wrong that people are suggesting that Harty is comparing the times under Archer et al and now under TB. I would think that is the farthest point in his mind but like many other supporters he is sure something is not right but cant put his finger on what it is. The end product is that we all want a succesful team both on and off the field. At the present moment that doesnt seem the case as we appear to have gone backwards on the field in the last 12 months despite what TB wants us to believe.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
IMHO it is wrong that people are suggesting that Harty is comparing the times under Archer et al and now under TB. I would think that is the farthest point in his mind but like many other supporters he is sure something is not right but cant put his finger on what it is. The end product is that we all want a succesful team both on and off the field. At the present moment that doesnt seem the case as we appear to have gone backwards on the field in the last 12 months despite what TB wants us to believe.

Anyone reading that straight off without knowing the background would be drawn to the conclusion that what happened with Archer is happening again under Bloom (or at least something similar). Whether Harty thinks that or not, that's what a new reader would make of it.

This board has been awash with stories about what is wrong at The Amex ever since we moved in. You name it, there's been a thread about it (within reason). Look at any other club, higher or lower, and there are people saying the same about their team. Nobody in sport is really happy with where their team is - possibly with the exception of those at the top of the leagues. All sport is full of teams having good or bad seasons and that's why we love it - nobody can predict where it will end up (unless you're a Blackpool fan). Sure we've gone backwards this year, but that was mainly because we went so far forward the last two years. I don't think this has anything to do with Bloom losing the plot - more that we're in a trough at the moment as the players aren't delivering what they're capable of. We will improve though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone reading that straight off without knowing the background would be drawn to the conclusion that what happened with Archer is happening again under Bloom (or at least something similar). Whether Harty thinks that or not, that's what a new reader would make of it.

This board has been awash with stories about what is wrong at The Amex ever since we moved in. You name it, there's been a thread about it (within reason). Look at any other club, higher or lower, and there are people saying the same about their team. Nobody in sport is really happy with where their team is - possibly with the exception of those at the top of the leagues. All sport is full of teams having good or bad seasons and that's why we love it - nobody can predict where it will end up (unless you're a Blackpool fan). Sure we've gone backwards this year, but that was mainly because we went so far forward the last two years. I don't think this has anything to do with Bloom losing the plot - more that we're in a trough at the moment as the players aren't delivering what they're capable of. We will improve though.

Sorry for any confusion it was intended to mean the exact oposite certain people are relating this thread to the Archer era which is totally wrong no similarity whatsoever. I agree we will improve very soon and push relegation threats out of the window

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Where has he received a torrent pf personal abuse over the Internet? Does he mean on here?

He's certainly playing the martyr card quite well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here