Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton or Rosberg which do you want to be the World Champion?

Hamilton or Rosberg - who do you want to see as World Champion

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lots of anti Hamilton people on here I believe but do you feel strongly enough to want him to be pipped by an honorary German ( he's a Finn really :wink:)

The award of double points for the race in Abu Dhabi makes for an interesting if artificial twist after 10 wins for Hamilton and 5 for Rosberg leaves Rosberg still in real contention, given the number of non finishes Hamilton has had.

Do you even care?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hamilton, he's consistently beaten Rosberg in head-to-head battles this season (with the exception of Brazil) and if it wasn't for reliability issues he would already be champion.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Who else?...Hamilton

article-1132064-007033DC00000258-244_468x328.jpg

It is a disgrace and puts F1 in a bad light, that he hasnt been crowned champion the latest gimmack of double points is just a farce.

Double points was introduced because of the dominance of One team and driver, that one team and driver have been pants this year.

And even if there wasn't double points, Hamilton would not have been crowned Champion yet anyway, under the old system he would need to only come 6th. So if he breaks down tomorrow and Rosberg wins he becomes the Champion just as any other driver would have previously.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It would be one of the great travesties of sport if Lewis Hamilton doesn't win the world championship with 10 wins already out of a total 19 this season.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I find it hard to warm to Hamilton and much prefer Button. However, he is British, ergo I want him to win it.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And for those who can't be @rsed to work it out.....

For Hamilton to win title:
Finish ahead of Rosberg
Finish no lower than second if Rosberg wins
Finish fifth or better if Rosberg doesn't win
Finish sixth or better if Rosberg is not in the top two
Finish eighth or better if Rosberg misses out on the podium
Finish ninth or better if Rosberg is fifth

For Rosberg to win title:
Win the race with Hamilton third or lower
Finish second with Hamilton sixth or lower
Finish third with Hamilton seventh or lower
Finish fourth with Hamilton ninth or lower
Finish fifth with Hamilton 10th or lower
Should Hamilton not score any points, Rosberg still must finish no lower than fifth to overturn the 17-point deficit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't say I really care. I would find it absolutely HILARIOUS if Rosberg did win it on account of it being double points on the final race.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Double points was introduced because of the dominance of One team and driver, that one team and driver have been pants this season.

Whose fault is that that one team dominates. Perhaps we should give teams who beat Chelsea double points. Incidentally BE is on record as saying it was wrong and wont happen again?

Whose fault is that that one team dominates. Perhaps we should give teams who beat Chelsea double points. Incidentally BE is on record as saying it was wrong and wont happen again?

Did I say I agreed with it you dribbling fool?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nice.

So of the 111 possibles in that graphic, Lewis wins on 86 of them, so has a 77.5% chance of winning the title :thumbsup:

*Pedant Alert* Lewis wins on 85 of them...

Gotta go for LH over the cheating NR, Shirley? As someone else said though, JB is a more likeable man. To paraphrase something LH says in his most recent piece on the BBC F1 site: it's hard to understand what I'm feeling about the title race unless you're an F1 driver, so, if I were you, I wouldn't bother trying. Probably accurate, but doesn't do much to reduce the perception of him as being arrogant.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
*Pedant Alert* Lewis wins on 85 of them...

Gotta go for LH over the cheating NR, Shirley? As someone else said though, JB is a more likeable man. To paraphrase something LH says in his most recent piece on the BBC F1 site: it's hard to understand what I'm feeling about the title race unless you're an F1 driver, so, if I were you, I wouldn't bother trying. Probably accurate, but doesn't do much to reduce the perception of him as being arrogant.

*Smug Git Alert* Suggest you count the number of Hamilton helmets in the graphic :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Will be farcical if a driver wins just because of luck and some 'questionable' errors (SPA & Monaco), Hamilton has beaten Rosberg on every occasion this season in a wheel to wheel battle, barring Brazil where he made an error that cost him victory.

As for the poll, not even close is it, 98% are in favour of Lewis winning or don't care, only 2% in favour of ZE German Britney.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here