Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale is back. March back in full training.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news going into the weekend then :thumbsup:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Great news about Solly.
Al Habsi's loan seems to have been an expensive farce.
Stockdale should start on the bench.
Any news on Stephens? Can't be far off now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good news going into the weekend then :thumbsup:

On recent showing I fail to see how having Stockdale back to push the ball back into the 6yd box to a striker can be seen as good news. Walton, who is inexperienced didnt do it once, he held every shot either in his hands or body, perhaps with experience he will learn to push it into the 6yd box.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Al Habsi's loan was absolute pointless.
That loan and his wages could have been spent on a striker.

Great news about Solly March, maybe we could play with two wide men each game now, instead of playing our two fullbacks high up the pitch?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Al Habsi's loan was a sensible contingency. Can imagine the binfest on here if Walton had a mare or got injured and we were down to one fit keeper in Casper.

Anyone know if Hughes is fit ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Al Habsi's loan was absolute pointless.
That loan and his wages could have been spent on a striker.

Obviously when Hyypia was talking about getting a striker on loan earlier this week
“It’s not that easy to bring a player who you know for sure would help us go forward. We are trying hard to find one. So far it hasn’t worked out but we still have a few days.”
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11610062.Loan_hopes_are_fading_for_O_Grady/

...If only we'd not blown the cash on that Al Habsi bloke" was missing from his quote...:)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Great news about Solly.
Al Habsi's loan seems to have been an expensive farce.
Stockdale should start on the bench.
Any news on Stephens? Can't be far off now.

This is one thing that frustrates me about Naylor/The Argus. He does this update on the fitness/recovery of players, but it's never comprehensive, there's always someone missing, in this case Stephens. He's been back in training for a while (according to the last report), but this was non-contact training, and has been going on for a while. All of this might suggest that we shouldn't get our expectations up too much about Solly, simply because he's now back in training; his playing might be some way off still.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On recent showing I fail to see how having Stockdale back to push the ball back into the 6yd box to a striker can be seen as good news. Walton, who is inexperienced didnt do it once, he held every shot either in his hands or body, perhaps with experience he will learn to push it into the 6yd box.

What matches did Stockdale push the ball back into the 6 yard box? I can remember one at Ipswich but how many more times did he do it?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Al Habsi just one of those things. Had no choice at the time.

Stockdale coming back isnt great news (Although played well v Wigan) , Walton has to keep the shirt.

March news is a great boost. Like a new signing

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Oh good, time for you to get on your high horse again. More of your tunnel vision goalkeeping views.
You really have it in for Stockie dont you?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
March and Bruno back is superb. Good to have Stockdale back as cover but an absolute joke if he strolls back into the team after Walton's taught him a lesson on how to look composed, distribute superbly and hold onto pretty fierce shots.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh good, time for you to get on your high horse again. More of your tunnel vision goalkeeping views.
You really have it in for Stockie dont you?

No I dont and if he should prove to be competant I will admit it as I have recently, but as Mellotron says it comes to something when an inexperienced 19 year old can show him how to hold the ball. On his recent performances he has shown to be a waste of £1m, we could have had Al Habsi on loan while we gave Walton more time. Al Habsi is a better keeper and is out of contract this year.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe Al Habsi wasnt available for a season long loan this season.
I dont remember anyone suggesting his name before the signing of Stockdale.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No I dont and if he should prove to be competant I will admit it as I have recently, but as Mellotron says it comes to something when an inexperienced 19 year old can show him how to hold the ball. On his recent performances he has shown to be a waste of £1m, we could have had Al Habsi on loan while we gave Walton more time. Al Habsi is a better keeper and is out of contract this year.

Disagree. Think Stockdale was improving game by game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here