Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Integration? Yeah right.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-30129645

Incredible. This is a snap inspection of 7 schools, some of them in Tower Hamlets, and is providing these children with their first start to integrating into British society.

Now I know this is only 7 muslim schools in England, and is not representative of what is happening in other schools, but this has to set alarm bells ringing.

Problems include "segregation" of boys and girls at play time, no art, music or drama taught, and no other religious studies apart from Islamic studies.

I hand it over to the NSC to discuss the best way forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

None of which will be discussion it'll just be a 'who can type the loudest' competition.

Has anybodies opinions been modified or changed due to what's becoming 'The Daily Racism' thread?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wow. Private Muslim schools have been found to be focusing on Islam, they've been told to change and there is no Trojan Horse plot. I'm actually trembling with fright here. Excuse me while I book a flight to somewhere safe like.....somewhere safe like...oh, yeah, I know Iceland.

Anyone want to guess what private American schools all over Asia focus on?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
None of which will be discussion it'll just be a 'who can type the loudest' competition.

Has anybodies opinions been modified or changed due to what's becoming 'The Daily Racism' thread?

And yet you've read it and posted in it......

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The first of six damning Ofsted reports on private Muslim schools in east London reveals pupils did not know the difference between Sharia and British law.
A snap inspection of the Mazahirul Uloom School in Tower Hamlets says the school focused only on Islamic themes.
Pupils believed it was wrong to learn about other religions and were not taught art, music or drama.
The other reports are set to criticise "safeguarding" in the schools.

Government sources have stressed there is no Trojan Horse-style plot to spread a conservative Muslim ethos here - as found at schools in Birmingham - but there is expected to be a sense that children are not being protected from extremist views.
Each school will be given an action plan to be implemented within weeks.

The reports follow a series of snap inspections at the schools in October.
Two or three of the schools, all in Tower Hamlets, are said to be "more concerning" than others, but each school is thought to have different issues.
These are understood to range from basic issues to do with health and safety to the type of speakers who have been visiting the school and, in some cases, the risk that children are not protected from extremist views.

The publication comes a day after details leaked of a report on another school, Sir John Cass Foundation and Redcoat school, in Stepney, east London.
This is the only state school in the group to be inspected as part of the same set of seven snap inspections.
It is believed to have failed for not safeguarding and monitoring pupils adequately.

The report, also being published on Friday, is expected to say that a sixth-form society at the school set up a YouTube channel that was not adequately monitored.
The segregation of boys and girls in play areas is also expected to be highlighted by the report. But this is believed to have been in place for several years.
'No jurisdiction'
Tower Hamlets council said it could not comment until the reports for all the schools had been published.
But director of education Robert McCulloch-Graham said: "We note that of the schools inspected, only one is a publicly funded maintained school.
"As is common practice, we will work with the leadership of this school to address any issues identified by Ofsted.
"As a local education authority, we have no jurisdiction whatsoever over teaching and standards at independent faith schools. This is Ofsted's area of responsibility.
"We do, however, have responsibility for safeguarding all children in the borough and have always exercised our safeguarding duties to the full."
Independent schools, academies and free schools already have to adhere to the Independent School Standards (ISS), which demand that schools encourage pupils to "respect" British values

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
bushy will be along soon saying schools should be able to teach what they like and pandering to other culture's is stupid and weak

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And yet you've read it and posted in it......

Got in early with a comment more about the rise of these kinds of threads, than a comment on this specific thread.

I almost said in agreement with you:-
'knowing what they teach in Texan public schools, I'd hate to think what the private continental ones are like'.
But that would begin to draw me into the debate, so I'm glad I held back :dunce:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Got in early with a comment more about the rise of these kinds of threads, than a comment on this specific thread.

I almost said in agreement with you:-
'knowing what they teach in Texan public schools, I'd hate to think what the private continental ones are like'.
But that would begin to draw me into the debate, so I'm glad I held back :dunce:

Fair enough. The football can't start again soon enough then we can all get back to arguing over that. I'm pretty sure I have converted more people to the Sami Out camp than I have ever made reconsider their cultural imperialism.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Debate will probably miss the point and just go about Islam instead of focussing on how it's the kids that are really the ones being screwed over by not receiving a balanced education (something apparent in most faith schools IMO). But no, let the binfest about Johnny Foreigner not integrating commence!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think it's interesting that the rise of UKIP can be directly correlated to the issues on immigration/integration and the UK community as a whole.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it's interesting that the rise of UKIP can be directly correlated to the issues on immigration/integration and the UK community as a whole.

But the whole debate isn't being had.

How many single faith private schools are there in the UK?
What are all of their Ofsted results?
How do they all compare with state schools?

The list is endless.

The rich white male ruling class are systematically fueling a debate that wouldn't exist if it weren't for them in the first place.
They are using it to gain more power and more control and more money.

Oh arse [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], you were right, I should have just left well alone.

I'm off for a bike ride now.

Peace out.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Debate will probably miss the point and just go about Islam instead of focussing on how it's the kids that are really the ones being screwed over by not receiving a balanced education (something apparent in most faith schools IMO). But no, let the binfest about Johnny Foreigner not integrating commence!
That's very true. However IF these schools are segregating the sexes and not teaching music and drama simply for religious reasons (note the IF), then they must stop doing it immediately. We're a modern, democratic, secular society that tries (with varying degrees of success) to promote equality and fairness - especially gender equality. Schools should prepare children to live in our society. (Lord B made a post on another thread about his kids' C of E school doing exactly that)

Basically if you come from a backward, primitive culture and you come to a modern progressive nation you must abandon your backward and primitive ways and become civilised At the very least you should allow your children to become civilised. Is that really too much to ask?

*Walks away from thread whistling*

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Wow. Private Muslim schools have been found to be focusing on Islam, they've been told to change and there is no Trojan Horse plot. I'm actually trembling with fright here. Excuse me while I book a flight to somewhere safe like.....somewhere safe like...oh, yeah, I know Iceland.

Anyone want to guess what private American schools all over Asia focus on?

Baseball ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Meanwhile, shares in Pringles:

Nokia_share.jpg

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Whilst this is true it's hardly anything new. The far right always rear it's ugly head in times of hardship as we look for someone to blame for our problems and foreigners are usually easy targets. Instead of focusing on the real issue (1% of the population owning 99% of the wealth) they (the 1%) tell us to be angry because those Muslims aren't "respecting" our British values and those Eastern Europeans are taking our jobs. Parties like UKIP feed off of fear, resentment and anger and there's a lot of that going around. But voting for them won't change anything. They are a pro austerity, neo liberal party who want the status quo to remain the same because it's in their best insterests.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
That's very true. However IF these schools are segregating the sexes and not teaching music and drama simply for religious reasons (note the IF), then they must stop doing it immediately. We're a modern, democratic, secular society that tries (with varying degrees of success) to promote equality and fairness - especially gender equality. Schools should prepare children to live in our society. (Lord B made a post on another thread about his kids' C of E school doing exactly that)

Basically if you come from a backward, primitive culture and you come to a modern progressive nation you must abandon your backward and primitive ways and become civilised At the very least you should allow your children to become civilised. Is that really too much to ask?

*Walks away from thread whistling*

The first part I agree with.

The second part, well you just sound Colonial and Vicorian and not very progressive at all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are a pro austerity, neo liberal party who want the status quo to remain the same because it's in their best insterests.
That's really funny, because most people - including I suspect most UKIP members themselves - see the party's main priority, indeed the one on which it was founded, as getting Britain out of the EU. I'd have thought that counted just a tad as a change in the status quo.

SAC

May 21, 2014
There should be no faith based schools. Of any faith. There should just be schools who teach subjects including RE (learning about religions is very important, imo. Although a long time ago now, I came out of school knowing nothing about any religion except Christianity, or a CoE version of it).

If parents want to indoctrinate their kids into a particular faith then send them to Sunday school, Friday school or Saturday school, whatever but don't expect tax payers to subsidise it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here