Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we heading for a turbo charged right way Tory / UKIP coalition?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Start looking into private health insurance folks, you're need it soon...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As on the other thread, it may take a labour / SNP coalition to keep them out, but there is still a long, long way to go yet with many twists and turns.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As on the other thread, it may take a labour / SNP coalition to keep them out, but there is still a long, long way to go yet with many twists and turns.

I'm really not sure what is worse, an scenario with fundamentalism thrown in.

D

Deleted member 22389

Start looking into private health insurance folks, you're need it soon...

I think UKIP have said a million times over now they would not privatise the health service.
In the worst case scenario as you think, we are going to end up with an American style system.

As it stands, we keep being told the NHS is losing money. If the government cannot raise any more money to pay for it, and more and more people are using it, what is the answer then?
Are you happy to pay more money in tax?

Unless I was dreaming, I certainly saw people walking around in Sodexo shirts last time I was at the hospital, that means the government has outsourced these jobs. Is that not a form of privatisation?
And secondly what about this PFI rubbish introduced by The Tories and continued by The Labour Party, where they allowed private companies to build the hospitals and government leased them back, is that not privatisation?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Dave called Ukip "a bunch Of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" which now includes two of his ex MPs. There is no way that the Tories can jump into bed with Ukip with him still as leader.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think UKIP have said a million times over now they would not privatise the health service.
In the worst case scenario as you think, we are going to end up with an American style system.

As it stands, we keep being told the NHS is losing money. If the government cannot raise any more money to pay for it, and more and more people are using it, what is the answer then?
Are you happy to pay more money in tax?

Unless I was dreaming, I certainly saw people walking around in Sodexo shirts last time I was at the hospital, that means the government has outsourced these jobs. Is that not a form of privatisation?
And secondly what about this PFI rubbish introduced by The Tories and continued by The Labour Party, where they allowed private companies to build the hospitals and government leased them back, is that not privatisation?

Can you not make your own point with your opinions stating what YOU believe without asking the person you're debating 5 questions in one post?*

It is frankly beyond irritating. Just state what you believe, it is just such a cop out to throw questions back. State what you believe PFI is if you think it is partly privatisation and why you think that. State why you think subcontracting is part privatisation. State what you think about raising taves to pay for the NHS. This question asking is just BS!

*that is rhetorical, incase you mistake it for irony!

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dave called Ukip "a bunch Of fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" which now includes two of his ex MPs. There is no way that the Tories can jump into bed with Ukip with him still as leader.

It really is a mark of how different UKIP are. They are a fresh face to politics, a new direction from the old….. now with 2 MP's, both only a few months ago were Tories. Viva Le Revolution!!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes, fully agree that this would be the principled way of looking at things, but please never underestimate a politician's desire to hang on to power!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ukip are the tories just different clothes

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here