Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Conveyancing Fees.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I've been appointed executor of an Estate and and am not familiar at all with the cost of UK conveyancing fees & disbursements.
Am currently seeking quotations from solicitors in the UK but am asking you good people of NSC what would be considered a fair guide price.
I'm handling 3 properties, 1 residential and 2 commercial.

Brief details of all 3 ;

Residential - Hove, approx valuation of £575k

Commercial 1 - Hove , consisting of a ground floor shop and a separate 3 bedroom maisonette above. Approx valuation of £290k

Commercial 2 - Eastbourne, consisting of 1 ground floor shop and 2 flats above, both of which have 72 years left to run on 99-year leases. Approx valuation of £85k

Have had a quote back for the residential property for £900+VAT and £4 disbursements. Is that in the ballpark ?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
There are plenty of solicitors that advertise and provide quotes via internet - with no need ever to meet them. All communications are on the internet except that you have to print, sign then post the final documents.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have had a quote back for the residential property for £900+VAT and £4 disbursements. Is that in the ballpark ?
I wouldn't pay that much. Maybe as Arch says, do a search for quotes online.

PS - Is a local family member/friend showing agents round the properties, to make sure the valuations are accurate?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I've been appointed executor of an Estate and and am not familiar at all with the cost of UK conveyancing fees & disbursements.
Am currently seeking quotations from solicitors in the UK but am asking you good people of NSC what would be considered a fair guide price.

Brief details of all 3 ;

Commercial 1 - Hove , consisting of a ground floor shop and a separate 3 bedroom maisonette above. Approx valuation of £290k

Commercial 2 - Eastbourne, consisting of 1 ground floor shop and 2 flats above, both of which have 72 years left to run on 99-year leases. Approx valuation of £85k

Bang on, mother paying similar right now

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Brief details of all 3 ;

if the residential is freehold then i would say that is a bit pricey. i am paying £745 plus vat for selling a £635k house atm

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I am a solicitor (in Haywards Heath) and my firm undertakes all types of domestic and commercial property work. I've pm'd you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here