Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we cannot make a profit at the amex what are the long term options?

Without the premiership pay cheque it seems the amex will struggle to break even.What long term options would we have outside the prem? Can anyone see the amex getting redeveloped for the uni and the Albion relocated to a sustainable stadia? Ground share at an upgraded enclosed ground possibly?:moo: Or can we hope to have a benefactor keeping us afloat for many years to come. The other option is making the stadia break even can this be done? I feel its a catch 22 with a lower player budget comes lower crowds surely.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Without the premiership pay cheque it seems the amex will struggle to break even.What long term options would we have outside the prem? Can anyone see the amex getting redeveloped for the uni and the Albion relocated to a sustainable stadia? Ground share at an upgraded enclosed ground possibly?:moo: Or can we hope to have a benefactor keeping us afloat for many years to come. The other option is making the stadia break even can this be done? I feel its a catch 22 with a lower player budget comes lower crowds surely.
If that is a deliberate attempt at the most stupid post ever on NSC then I doff my cap in your general direction...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

how bigs yur back garden?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without the premiership pay cheque it seems the amex will struggle to break even.What long term options would we have outside the prem?

Not a popular question in certain quarters, obviously - but a pertinent one. How long can any business be 'viable' whilst losing £4 to £8 million a year, and how long can it be sustained for? It is a legitimate concern, not just for us, either - it'll be the same for quite a few other clubs in the league too.

SAC

May 21, 2014
As long as TB is prepared to put up to £12 million in a year, it's not a problem. However it does make a mockery of fans constantly questioning the financial viability of other clubs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is that the Amex that makes a loss? Or is it more likely to be the £15m+ in playing staff wages - a cost that would remain wherever we're playing - that causes our high annual loss?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Is that the Amex that makes a loss? Or is it more likely to be the £15m+ in playing staff wages - a cost that would remain wherever we're playing - that causes our high annual loss?

I'd like to know the answer to that. It seems very bizarre that a club with some of the highest ST and ticket sales at some of the highest prices can make such a sizeable loss despite having an average (for the division) playing staff budget. I believe that the rent on the ground is only £1 million a season, which seem very low (anyone know what it was at Withdean?), so it must be the administration costs that are the problem.

It must be a worry though if ST sales fall by around 2000 that is probably £1 million in revenue that will need to be found.

However, I'm no financial expert so could be completely wrong.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Charge a tenner for pies? I'm in.

Why not charge a tenner for entrance and thirty pounds plus for pies?

Seriously there is bound to be a drop-off of enthusiasm once the "Goodbye Withdean" factor wears off, even if you stay in the Championship. That was forecast on NSC long before the AMEX was open.

If you struggle to stay in the Championship that attenuation will accelerate. You will probably end up with crowds around 20k, or even less. The AMEX business model should have been designed to cope with that.

Obviously the Premiership was the target. Howver the "Parachute factor" of clubs dropping down is going to radically cause problems because so many clubs in the Championship will be receiving parachute payments in the years to come.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If that is a deliberate attempt at the most stupid post ever on NSC then I doff my cap in your general direction...

Whilst the alternatives may have been flippant, the question is surely valid. Much as we have TB to be grateful for, surely at some stage he is going to think, when will it ever end, if we do not get to the Promised Land of TV payouts.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
valid question.

How can a business survive such losses ? I'm yet to see this answered yet no one is remotely worried about our future

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
valid question.

How can a business survive such losses ? I'm yet to see this answered yet no one is remotely worried about our future

A business can survive such losses if it's not a business.

I'd like to see the profit-and-loss statements for the British Museum sometime.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I believe the only way forward is a mass suicide pact!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Whilst the alternatives may have been flippant, the question is surely valid. Much as we have TB to be grateful for, surely at some stage he is going to think, when will it ever end, if we do not get to the Promised Land of TV payouts.
The question is valid if you know next to nothing about The Amex, BHAFC, and Championship football finance. The alternatives are particularly stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here