Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesus and Mary Chain last night.

Well F*** me !! It was great, I had a massive grin on my face from start to finish. The gig was back to front with encores at the beginning so They came on and did about 6 or seven songs not on Psychcandy. Went off then came back and played through the album. Bloody hell what a magnificent noise.
Williams guitar dominated the whole thing probably a bit to much but man if you love immersive guitar noise you won't be disappointed.
I'll definately be trying for tickets for next years tour. And I guess any gig that leaves you wanting more has done its job. Brilliant stuff.

Gutted that your spare went begging. What a waste.

It was a shame indeed. But what really pisses me off and always has is touts outside with handfuls of tickets for a sold out gig then you get in and there's rows of empty seats. These people are the scum of the earth. Promoters don't have to worry cos the cash is on the bank for them, bands have got to start insisting that tickets get sold by fairer means.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was a shame indeed. But what really pisses me off and always has is touts outside with handfuls of tickets for a sold out gig then you get in and there's rows of empty seats. These people are the scum of the earth. Promoters don't have to worry cos the cash is on the bank for them, bands have got to start insisting that tickets get sold by fairer means.

Some acts are now doing this. I've recently bought tickets for Damon Albarn, Arcade Fire, Nick Cave and Kraftwerk which were/ are personalised tickets. If the name on the ticket doesn't match your ID then you don't get in apparently.

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
Going on Monday . Can't wait ! What time did it finish as I am trying to work out train times back to Brighton ?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Incredible gig. My ears are still knackered now. Thought at one point through Reverence that my ears we gonna start bleeding. Really good to see them back on form.

Managed to get out of the venue about 1100, and back to London Bridge by 1120.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Just back from The Dome - sweet Jesus that was incredible and so deaf

The last time I saw them was in 1992 and part of the Radio 1 Rollercoaster tour - it featured them, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jnr and some one hit wonders at the time called Blur

Tonights set was just so so good and probably added to a few cracks in The Domes plaster work along the way !!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A brilliant evening - especially once Psychocandy got going. Did not have that high an expectation but the songs sounded as fresh as ever. Don't think I have ever inhaled as much dry ice at a concert.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just back from The Dome - sweet Jesus that was incredible and so deaf

The last time I saw them was in 1992 and part of the Radio 1 Rollercoaster tour - it featured them, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jnr and some one hit wonders at the time called Blur

Tonights set was just so so good and probably added to a few cracks in The Domes plaster work along the way !!

I thought that they were better last night than they were at that gig. I wasn't sure when they started with April Skies which sounded clean, twangy and a bit too much like other bands, but by the time they played Upside Down it was obvious that they were going to be relentless through Psychocandy. My ears are still ringing, but it feels like the inside of my head has been power-washed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here