Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

3 Norwich fans on final warning for homophobia. .....

0 Not allowed!
    .....sorry dont know how to post links but in guardian online and sjy sports that reports of homophobia at carrow road. Following on from an incident against Birmingham 3 fans are on a final warning, think they might get banned after playing us?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surrey_Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      .....sorry dont know how to post links but in guardian online and sjy sports that reports of homophobia at carrow road. Following on from an incident against Birmingham 3 fans are on a final warning, think they might get banned after playing us?
      Glad I'm not going , would end up screaming for a policeman
      regards
      DR
      Remainer Dr. Notthenineo'clocknews's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      Glad I'm not going , would end up screaming for a policeman
      regards
      DR
      Me too, "we can see you holding hands" will push me over the edge
      Everything in Moderation Prince Monolulu's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Think I might change my mind about attending now, too distressing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...w-road-warning
      I gotta Horse!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Prince Monolulu View Post
      Think I might change my mind about attending now, too distressing

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...w-road-warning
      In fairness, that does say "fans" (plural) and gameS (ie more than one), so it perhaps suggests that the individuals concerned have done a bit more than just shout "get up, you poof", at an injured player. If their own club's fans are complaining about them then they may well be behaving obnoxiously on a regular basis, and the "homophobia" is just one strand of that.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      In fairness, that does say "fans" (plural) and gameS (ie more than one), so it perhaps suggests that the individuals concerned have done a bit more than just shout "get up, you poof", at an injured player. If their own club's fans are complaining about them then they may well be behaving obnoxiously on a regular basis, and the "homophobia" is just one strand of that.
      I used to think that in isolation chants such as "does your boyfriend know you are here" are really quite harmless and I would imagine that even most gay people would see the funny side of that. The problem is that it then establishes a principle that homophobic comments are deemed to be acceptable, and you are faced with the dilemma of where you draw the line. After the Millwall away match last season, the chap who sits near me in ESU said that at London Bridge Station, he was subjected to comments from Millwall fans about his 7 year old son - such as "do you share him out". So, it is best to try and stamp it out.
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      I always thought it was "poove"..
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Perhaps Edna I could ask you a question.

If a fan was so exasperated at the performance at his local club (I can think of one right now in non-league) that he called out:

"I reckon a team of lesbians could play better than you lot"; would that be considered as homophobic? Just asking.

0 Not allowed!
      About 27,000 attend our home games and 3 supporters are being dealt with by the club for homophobic abuse, whilst not supporting their knuckle dragging actions it is a very tiny percentage of City fans.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Danny-Boy View Post
      Perhaps Edna I could ask you a question.

If a fan was so exasperated at the performance at his local club (I can think of one right now in non-league) that he called out:

"I reckon a team of lesbians could play better than you lot"; would that be considered as homophobic? Just asking.
      Irrespective of the judgement that is being made of the local club's skills, this comment seems to imply that lesbians aren't very good footballers. To that extent, it could be deemed to be homophobic.

Incidentally, it's well documented that there are a number of skilled lesbians playing at a high level in women's football. The men's game can't deliver comparable evidence of skilled gay men playing the game at the highest level.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?