Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'C' word just used on 5-live

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I contributor just repeated some abuse directed at her, ending with the big word!!

Gotta love the BBC.

You could audibly hear Phil Williams sphincter contract.
The whole story got instantly dropped, and apologies so far number 3.

How easily and genuinely offended is your average 11pm 5-live listener?

I bet the shows producer first thought was 'great that's going to mean a week of meetings'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The swearist in question was a yank talking from DC.

Had she been conducting the interview with Radio Redneck, they'd have shot her!!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
'Crystal Palace' ?

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I remember about 30 years ago ringing up Radio Mercury when they were playing hangman on air and some of the letters fitted a certain word, and the host said to the caller before me and my mate got on air, we know have Craig from Crawley on the air, what your guess then Craig......and he shouts out MOTHER ****ER never did get on after that guess!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
During the R5 Kermode/Mayo film review about 8 years ago, they'd asked for listeners' favourite obscure films, which SM proceeded to read out. One of suggestions was Blairzack Hunt; MK immediately suggested that perhaps that shouldn't have been read out and they swiftly moved on, but blimey, it was amusing!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
One of the oddest features of BBC swearophobia must be EastEnders. I never watch it myself, of course, but my butler reliably informs me that none of the characters ever utters a single swearword. Even when they're screaming and hollering and throttling each other half to death. Imagine!

And this is a depiction of life among the lower orders and followers of West Ham? How very realistic.

Perhaps the BBC should screen a properly naughty version of the show, with real and continuous swearing, some time after the pubs turn out. That might boost their ratings?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was listening to 5Live last night, I must have fallen asleep just before this was on as I tuned in at about 10.35!

It was the last thing said, obviously, in the discussion about the American 'dating guru' (who did sound a little bit rapey!!) being refused a visa into the UK.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thats annoying, I remember them talking about that.

Must have been on my way off to sleep and not noticed. I love a good C-Bomb!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I recall a hilarious five live phone in on a Saturday lunchtime, hosted at the time by Tom Watt, formerly Lofty in Eastenders.

We had just arrived in Colchester (the 4-1 win "one man team" game) and Tom was asking for fans to call in who were travelling the furthest that day. He took a call from a Dubai based Chelsea fan who proudly boasted of his achievement flying in that morning for the game with Leeds that afternoon and was flying back home later that night.

Tom then replied "what the Chelsea v Leeds game that is being played tomorrow?" to which the caller immediately shouted "FUUUUUCCCKKK ! oh shit sorry Tom but OH **** what I am going to do, sorry Tom"

Comedy Gold:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here