Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed with Guy Martin - Chl 4.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm amazed this show, now in the second series, doesn't have it's own thread.
It's easily in my top 5 must see TV, and I'm going to be a little lost without it.

The blokes a fookin legend.

Having fallen for a French lass he said:-
'She lives in Geneva, what's she going to say when she sees Grimsby' :lol:

Unfortunately the bit I wanted to highlight doesn't seem to be on t'internet yet.

I've just watched him crash his boxcar at 90 mph, get dragged upside down along the tarmac, get out of the debris, walk to the side of the road and say "best crash of the year".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He's great. I first saw him on the program where he restored an old canal barge. Look up "Guy Martin's Spitfire", great program. He's got some short progs on 4OD too. Modern day Dibnah.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I love the way he is a professional Motorcycle Road Racer but his day job is a Lorry Mechanic.

Somehow can't see Lewis Hamilton getting grease under his fingernails.......

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Totally agree, great series. Guy Martin is a very uncomplicated, non-PC speed junkie and a refreshing character.

His total commitment to breaking speed records in soapboxes, hovercraft etc, would make most punters blanch. However these are fairly tame compared to his motorcycle racing career. The 'Closer to the Edge' DVD featuring him at the IoM TT races, is eye watering for all of the riders extreme bravery (or madness) but culminates in Guy Martin's mega crash. It must take real balls to get back on a bike after that , so I'd love to see him win a senior TT race.

He will become the new Fred Dibnah - if he survives!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah he's a great bloke, been watching this series and think it's gone under the radar slightly with a lot of people as only 1 person I've asked about it had heard of it!

The bloke is pretty strange in many ways but interesting all the same.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I randomly saw the Isle of Man one and the crash scene sent a chill through me , but he's such a endearing bloke you can't help but like him . I try to watch him but tend to forget he's on , I will have to catch up on him .

D

Deleted member 2719

Guy Martin is a proper geezer, he is so single minded and he oozes passion.
Love the programs and wish I was in his boots, mind you he does need to ditch the facial hair!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My sister was the schoolteacher in the village of Kirmington and Guy was in her class from day one. "He was lovely even then," she says, and says that his accent hasn't changed since he was four years old.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My sister was the schoolteacher in the village of Kirmington and Guy was in her class from day one. "He was lovely even then," she says, and says that his accent hasn't changed since he was four years old.

Was she proud of his accent straight after his race in the hill climb car.
Just a string of nonsensical noises.

Quality 'real' TV.

My kids absolutely love him, esp 8 year old lil Miss Stat.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
The Boat That Guy Built was a fantastic program. I have always felt Guy Martin comes across as a very genuine and likeable bloke.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If you want another fix then Eurosport are currently repeating their coverage of various 2014 motorcycle road races on the Isle of Man, in Ireland and at Scarborough. Guy Martin features in most of them.

For example the Ulster Grand Prix at Dundrod, going handlebar to handlebar with his rivals at 180mph in the rain, down narrow tree lined country lanes takes some very big kahunas. There is no margin for error. No wonder he just shrugs off the soapbox and hovercraft mishaps.

I think there are broadcasts late Tues and Thurs evenings of this week. Enjoy.:bowdown:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I keep moffs as a hobby.
I keep them in my carpet, curtains and wardrobe where I feed them on my wifes cashmere jumpers.
I very much want to stop this hobby and have tried everything and although there a far less now they will not go away.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
One of my biggest regrets is not seeing his TT film at the cinema and in 3D when it came out. Great watch (full film is on YouTube).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here