Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Is Mark still with the Scottish team. Have not seen him so far or heard him mentioned.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He was certainly in their dug-out on Friday evening.... or should that be technical area.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
His still coaching the keeper to punch when under no pressure and stay stuck to the goal line when a corner is being headed by the Oppo from 3 yards out...like Henderson all over again

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sat on the train back from London a couple of Thursday's ago with him. yes still lives down here and gets to the Amex whenever he can. I also got the impression, but only that, he would like to return to the club at some time as he really enjoyed his time and loves the brighton fans.

Bloody nice bloke

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He never came over as "nice" when he was here, always seemed an autocratic so & so...but no doubt ral life is different.
I was never impressed with his man management.. He did keep us up though, on a shoestring budget.

After having got us promoted. The Swindon games and the Millenium match were great memories.

Maybe the 'not nice' managers succeed whereas the 'nice' managers don't.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
My son was mascot for the Swindon play off game and we were in the dressing room with him before the game. Actually met him on several occasions. He has my total respect. On old fashioned manager that had and respected manners. Know he was thrilled when Virgo sent him a shirt from Celtic. He was not impressed by the antics of L Knight. Tried hard with no money. Was very ashamed when our fans booed him at Bristol.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Bloom's first big mistake was pushing for the sacking of McGhee and replacing him with the inept Wilkins.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Him keeping us up was one of the greatest managerial miracles in the clubs history

So underrated. He should be on the Legends wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here