Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For RedRob to enjoy and to help us all with perspective...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Some photographs from last weekends Ebbsfleet v Farnborough match.

I do enjoy dipping my toes into non-league action for a change of pace. I like the cheap admission, I like having the run of the ground and I like being able to hear the players slagging each other off. It also has the added benefit of reminding me how far we have come since we diced with non-league ourselves. This season has been disappointing in a big way but the championship is a great place to be and The Amex is a great place to watch it from. Some might question Tony's methods but given that he's sunk something in the region of £200 million of his own cash into the club nobody can seriously question his commitment.

And before anybody asks why I am posting Ebssfleet pics and not Brighton ones, I have it in writing from the club photographer that stewards have instructions to confiscate any "big" cameras and have the owner collect them after the game. I'm on the waiting list for the next Park Cameras day at The Amex though

:)

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7952.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

IMG_7970.jpg

IMG_7976.jpg

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
I think we'd all have to agree that the surroundings of Stonebridge Rd(The PHB stadium) are NOT QUITE as scenic as The Amex! :wink:

Did anyone attend the friendly we played there pre-season, last season...?

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Concessions £8 is a bit steep when adults are £10.

(First up, I apologise & withdraw, my 'small town' comment! - see 'other' thread :wink: )

In answer to your cost observation 'bn9 bha': under 12s get in for nothing....under 16s for a fiver.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
(First up, I apologise & withdraw, my 'small town' comment! - see 'other' thread :wink: )

In answer to your cost observation 'bn9 bha': under 12s get in for nothing....under 16s for a fiver.

No worries Rob, I like living in a small town as I haven't got lost.....yet.

Sorry I thought that price was all concessions. It's good that kids get in for free, they usually buy burgers and chips, or in my sons case try to get me to buy him anything he can see.

I like the look of that ground, nice to see some good old terracing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just looked at the Conference Table and there are at least 11 teams that we would play league games against now nestling in the doldrums. Even one of our oldest rivals, Aldershot. So, it's not all bad.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And we were what? Half an hour from being in there with them? Phew!

There is still something lovely about standing on a terrace though.

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
No worries Rob, I like living in a small town as I haven't got lost.....yet.

Sorry I thought that price was all concessions. It's good that kids get in for free, they usually buy burgers and chips, or in my sons case try to get me to buy him anything he can see.

I like the look of that ground, nice to see some good old terracing.

:)....My town ain't so large either!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
And we were what? Half an hour from being in there with them? Phew!

There is still something lovely about standing on a terrace though.
Luton were there for quite a few years and next year they'll be in Div ! with us [possibly].

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Luton were there for quite a few years and next year they'll be in Div ! with us [possibly].

.....Shows that 'winning'(just like 'losing') is a habit though - just look at where Luton are now.

Never said I liked 'em though!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
.....Shows that 'winning'(just like 'losing') is a habit though - just look at where Luton are now.

Never said I liked 'em though!
Like em or not, Luton were savagely punished but survived. Maybe Brighton would not have given they did not have a ground back in 1997

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here