Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else's Amex sponsor logo sticker peeling off their new shirt ??

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Just got my 5 years olds club shirt out ready for after school football club and noticed the sponsors sticker is peeling away in both of the top corners already :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:!!

He's only had it since September and only worn it for about 5 after school football clubs (half hour indoor games so hardly hi impact) and under his coat at home games, anyone else's doing the same and do you think I can take it back for an exchange???

Help

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just got my 5 years olds club shirt out ready for after school football club and noticed the sponsors sticker is peeling away in both of the top corners already :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:!!

He's only had it since September and only worn it for about 5 after school football clubs (half hour indoor games so hardly hi impact) and under his coat at home games, anyone else's doing the same and do you think I can take it back for an exchange???

Help

I'd take it back. Worst case scenario, they say no. My one is ok so far, but I rarely hold out much hope for the future with stick on logos.

SAC

May 21, 2014
You shouldn't have any problems taking it back and getting a replacement.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Help

On the bright side, the shirt probably looks 100 times better without a logo. Pick it all off :)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not happening to me yet but happened to my SKINTs in the past, when I was playing an awful lot too.

The best advice is the one already given. Wash it inside out and air dry it.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
If I could be sure it would all come off with no damage to the shirt I probably would but for £35 and just 2 months worth of wear from a 5 year old (its not exactly been involved in hard fought midfield battles or matches in the mud) it's a pretty poor deal

SAC

May 21, 2014
If I could be sure it would all come off with no damage to the shirt I probably would but for £35 and just 2 months worth of wear from a 5 year old (its not exactly been involved in hard fought midfield battles or matches in the mud) it's a pretty poor deal

Don't worry, PB spends most of his day on here and will at this moment be forming a 500 word response. Just remember the customer is always right.

Seriously, there wont be any problem with taking it back. If you have followed the care instructions the law is on your side.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
As long as you haven't boil washed it at the temperature of a nuclear explosion and dried it in the oven you'll be OK getting a swap i would think.

The IT1st/ITst/ITfirst or whatever the sponsor was a few years back was the worst for peeling. By the end of the season mine looked like it had been used as a tire for a F1 team.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Best of luck getting that changed without a fight IF you haven't got the receipt. My green and black Brighton and Hove jobs away shirt had the stick-on logo start to lift,it hadn't even been washed so I took it back to the club shop and complained nicely.I was told by the counter sales kid that without the purchase receipt nothing could be done.Got his "supervisor" over and wound a few expletives into him and then they relented. Who on earth keeps receipts for a football shirt I asks yer?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's all part of the FFP plan, get you to buy a replacement every 2 months

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Best of luck getting that changed without a fight IF you haven't got the receipt. My green and black Brighton and Hove jobs away shirt had the stick-on logo start to lift,it hadn't even been washed so I took it back to the club shop and complained nicely.I was told by the counter sales kid that without the purchase receipt nothing could be done.Got his "supervisor" over and wound a few expletives into him and then they relented. Who on earth keeps receipts for a football shirt I asks yer?

It would be a bit rich of the club to ask for a receipt when the club shop is the exclusive retailer of Albion shirts!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't worry, PB spends most of his day on here and will at this moment be forming a 500 word response. Just remember the customer is always right.

Seriously, there wont be any problem with taking it back. If you have followed the care instructions the law is on your side.

Is he capable of such a short snappy reply?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No surprise really, I think Barber must have negotiated the Tesco stripey version from Nike to maximise our revenue. They look like a last minute sponsor taped across the front. Can't believe Nike sanctioned it as it does their reputation no good at all.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Take it back- the club will have to learn the hard way. Happened to loads of SKINT tops and if you think it looks bad now then just wait till a few more washes. I hate transfers!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Take it back- the club will have to learn the hard way. Happened to loads of SKINT tops and if you think it looks bad now then just wait till a few more washes. I hate transfers!

That would have been before Errea incorporated the sponsor's logo into the material - something I don't think Nike will ever be doing. I think dealing with Nike will bite them in the bum.
BRING BACK ERREA!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here