Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queens Honours List

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Following on from a post I've just made in the "what are you reading thread" it's made me think - who in your mind deserves an honour in the Queens Honours List? Who hasn't been knighted that you think could deserve one?!

My vote goes to Stephen Fry, maybe it might also be time for Sir Gary Barlow?!

Also thing that some of our own should be up for a gong of some sort - Gareth Glover OBE and Brett Mendoza OBE for their services to REMF?!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Following on from a post I've just made in the "what are you reading thread" it's made me think - who in your mind deserves an honour in the Queens Honours List? Who hasn't been knighted that you think could deserve one?!

Also thing that some of our own should be up for a gong of some sort - Gareth Glover OBE and Brett Mendoza OBE for their services to REMF?!

Tedious, tax-dodging, little turd - or as Robbie Williams so eloquently put it - "briefcase carrying cu**"

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Must be about time for a Sir David Beckham ???

As for NSC ? Difficult one - maybe Bozza for services to binfests ( after all no NSC no binfests ).

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
About to post the very same.

It would give the two fingers to FIFA as well ! 'We're so sure we aren't corrupt and our bid was clean that we're rewarding one of the key members of the bid team'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

/QUOTE]

I can understand the suggestion of Gary Barlow or David Beckham for a knighthood but why Stephen Fry what has he ever done out of the ordinary, nothing that I know of.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I can understand the suggestion of Gary Barlow or David Beckham for a knighthood but why Stephen Fry what has he ever done out of the ordinary, nothing that I know of.

Services to Twitter ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On here.......Ernest for services to small uni-skilled equines?
In the wider world......Bono for his unswerving support for the Dutch economy.
Had he succeeded in seceding I would have nominated Alex Salmond for services to the rest of The Union but given the manner in which that was avoided and subsequent actions (or more pointedly, inaction) perhaps David Cameron for disingenuity above and beyond the call of duty.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sir Phil Taylor

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

/QUOTE]

Lead patron of the Princes Trust and Mind. Works a lot with mental health charities. Has done an awful lot to champion new technologies.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Son of Sussex Paul Scofield to my mind held these matters in the right context. In 1956, after his tour of "Hamlet" with a triumph in Moscow, he gratefully accepted the appointment as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE), but thereafter he refused on three occasions the offer of knighthood. "If you want a title, what's wrong with Mr.? If you have always been that, then why lose your title?"

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd also nominate Brian May, again big on charity work, and has to be every bit as deserving for services to music.

The honours list fell into disrepute many years ago, so who cares who a bunch of faceless civil servants prompted by their political masters choose. I know there are some honourable exceptions for people who have really contributed to society but it is still largely a club for the rich and famous to have their already inflated egos boosted further.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A knighthood for a man convicted of indecent assault? Really?

Yes really. That happened 15 years ago, he was fined £2,000, he did not have to serve a custodial sentence. Since that time he has been a terrific ambassador for the sport and has raised a lot of money for good causes. He seems more worthy than some faceless Whitehall civil servant / backbench MP pushing paper and fvcking kids in their spare time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here