Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Have It Your Way

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I was in Dover this morning and thought I'd nip in to a garage based Subway and get myself some brekkie.
I asked the Polish/Lithuanin/Chech young lady for a sausage and bacon sub and a coffee. I was politely informed that I could have a bacon sub or a sausage sub but they did not serve a combined bacon and sausage sub. I could have a bacon and egg sub or a sausage and egg sub but not my preferred option.
Looking up above the counter it dawned on me that there was not a picture/option for a bacon and sausage sub but undeterred I reminded the nice young lady that I thought I could have a sub "My way". She then said she didn't have any sausages. I gave up and decided to get a cheese and onion sarnie from the next door garage and when I got back in the car I put on my Frank Sinatra CD.

Anyway - which is worse - Dover or Hastings?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I went into a local branch and asked for a nuclear sub. Seemingly they don't do those either. Poor.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You fool,you could have pulled.....No sausage :lolol:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We were driving from Brighton to Norfolk last month and unknowingly missed our turning on the M25, kept seeing signs for Rye and Hastings, but thought nothing of it, only on seeing the white cliffs of Dover at the very end of the M20...at which point we should have roughly been arriving in Norwich...did the penny drop.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Because...

Which bit of that didn't you understand?

Technically when my request for a bacon and sausage sub was made I had not been made aware of the unavailability of the said pig-brain filled intestines. The young lady clearly informed me bacon and sausage was not an option on the menu. And I'm convinced she then told me there were no sausages so that she would not have to break the rules by placing bacon and sausage alone together in the same sub.

It's bad enough that a simple request for a sandwich is now subject to a set of rules dreamt up by the marketing division of a multinational corporation. But, worse than that ... why is it necessary to learn a new version of the English language?

What the hell does "Megamelt" mean?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I was in Dover this morning and thought I'd nip in to a garage based Subway and get myself some brekkie.
I asked the Polish/Lithuanin/Chech young lady for a sausage and bacon sub and a coffee. I was politely informed that I could have a bacon sub or a sausage sub but they did not serve a combined bacon and sausage sub. I could have a bacon and egg sub or a sausage and egg sub but not my preferred option.
Looking up above the counter it dawned on me that there was not a picture/option for a bacon and sausage sub but undeterred I reminded the nice young lady that I thought I could have a sub "My way". She then said she didn't have any sausages. I gave up and decided to get a cheese and onion sarnie from the next door garage and when I got back in the car I put on my Frank Sinatra CD.

Anyway - which is worse - Dover or Hastings?

Dover of course, it's not in Sussex.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why would you have sausage in a bacon sandwich/roll? :shrug:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Why would you have sausage in a bacon sandwich/roll? :shrug:

Because it's the sort of thing one might order in an establishment that sells bacon, suasages and bread.

I'm going back there on Wednesday. I'm going to order a bacon sub and a sausage sub and then put the bacon in the sausage sub and ask for some marmite to put in the empty sub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here