Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To my horror a Palace flag

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

I was driving back to my house and a few houses up from me someone has a sodding Palace flag. I'm talking about a proper flag on a proper pole. I'm not making this up either, they seem to raise it when Brighton are playing. It's bringing the area down, it also looks tacky. How can I get this flag removed legally?

It's not the first time either, a few months back I saw someone walking along the road in a Palace shirt.

This is Sussex and we are Brighton & Hove Albion, not bloody South London

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Rough area please?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't possibly condone criminal damage / mindless vandalism, but (assuming the OP resides in the Brighton area) then this Palace knob is asking for hassle. He probably thinks it hilarious, but the joke will wear quite thin when some aggreived knucklehead chucks a brick through his window or keys his car, as he trudges home from the Amex, after yet another 1-1 draw against shit opposition.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The Spurs one flying between Newhaven and Seaford needs burning down. Respect to the Patcham resident who has a BHA one on the flagpole in his front garden and also the caretaker at Downs Junior School, who often runs a BHA flag up the school pole during half terms/weekends.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
On a side issue...I was walking down the pier a couple of years back when I saw a young man with his little "firm"swaggering along in a Palace shirt. As he drew adjacent with Victorias a bare torsoed youth came sprinting past, decked the Palace chap with an elbow to the nose then continued on his merry way.

I would expect the same if I was to go parading along Croydon high road in an Albion shirt I suppose. Highly stupid thing to do.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

el punal

I can't possibly condone criminal damage / mindless vandalism, but (assuming the OP resides in the Brighton area) then this Palace knob is asking for hassle. He probably thinks it hilarious, but the joke will wear quite thin when some aggreived knucklehead chucks a brick through his window or keys his car, as he trudges home from the Amex, after yet another 1-1 draw against shit opposition.
No! No! Let's do this one in style. Am I right in thinking that you need planning permission to have a flagpole on your property (ditto with flag attached). If this is the case bombard him with all the administrative bumff available, contact the local planning authority, protest to your local M.P., alert Brussels, train a flock of seagulls to shit all over his house, car and him or her.

If this is not the case - revert to Plan A.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here