Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Summer Time Hyde Park 2015 - The Who, Paul Weller & more

thewho_bsthydepark.png

Thought this would interest a fair few people on here. Cracking line-up all ready as far I'm concerned! Went to the Rolling Stones show in Hyde Park a few years ago was brilliant. Have no doubt this will be even better considering the number of top names on the bill!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just a shame its at Hyde Park. Went to last Springsteen gig there and the sound was shocking to eastern side (closest to hotels).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brilliant line-up. I'm in. Yes, Fred Perry shares up 10% after this announcement... :)

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
While they're at it, they should hold a world record attempt for the largest collection of Fred Perry polo shirts in one place.

They might even beat the previous record when I went to see Blur, The Specials and New Order at Hyde Park two years ago...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's FAR too early for all this summer talk.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny how tastes vary - for me that's an incredibly bland and samey line up. Where's the groove, the soul, the funk, the fun, the danceable music?

I can see why that line up would really appeal to a particular demographic though.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Funny how tastes vary - for me that's an incredibly bland and samey line up. Where's the groove, the soul, the funk, the fun, the danceable music?

I can see why that line up would really appeal to a particular demographic though.

Did you just say Ocean Colour Scene?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just a shame its at Hyde Park. Went to last Springsteen gig there and the sound was shocking to eastern side (closest to hotels).

Been to two gigs at Hyde Park. One (Foo Fighters) had absolutely shocking sound. You could have a whispered conversation with someone standing 10 metres away. The other (Pearl Jam) had great sound... So I guess i varies?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Been to two gigs at Hyde Park. One (Foo Fighters) had absolutely shocking sound. You could have a whispered conversation with someone standing 10 metres away. The other (Pearl Jam) had great sound... So I guess i varies?

I saw Foo Fighters at Hyde park and the sound where I was was brilliant. Although in fairness we were no more then 10 metres form the front of the stage. You are at the mercy of the wind as to how the sound is.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Went to this year's BST and really enjoyed it. Can't remember if it was the Friday or Saturday but saw Faith No More, Soundgarden and Black Sabbath. Similar to the Fred Perry record, must have been the record for the most skullets on display on one day there...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skullet

It was the Friday - I thought Sabbath were unbelievably good considering their advanced years. They were better than when I saw them at Ozzfest '98.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
It was the Friday - I thought Sabbath were unbelievably good considering their advanced years. They were better than when I saw them at Ozzfest '98.

I'm not a real fan of theirs to be honest, was there to see FNM and Soundgarden but I have to admit Sabbath did sound bloody good. Much tighter than I was expecting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They might even beat the previous record when I went to see Blur, The Specials and New Order at Hyde Park two years ago...

I think they'll beat the most-middle-aged-men-sporting-a-feather-cut-in-one-area record though.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
While they're at it, they should hold a world record attempt for the largest collection of Fred Perry polo shirts in one place.

They'll have to go hard to beat the amount I saw at BST last year at Hyde Park with The Libertines. Bizarrely full of predominantly post-britpop 'lads' in polos.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Happy Days Festival - May Bank Holiday Weekend. Line-up not announced yet, but Saturday is Reggae/Ska, Sunday is Soul.

Very small festival, but very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here