Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Slapstick Comedy Scenes?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Can I just say that there are times when I farking hate my iPad. If you'd be so bold, search for "WC Fields pool", and watch. I'd post the link here but the 'paste' facility appears to have died completely. Can anyone else help? It's worth it, honest.

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Richie kicking Eddie in the gentlemans area to which Richie replies "aha missed both my legs"! Bottom was hilarious.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I doubt it's online but the Chicken Marango scene in the first series of Red Dwarf is brilliant slapstick.

Pure commedia dell'arte.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Richie kicking Eddie in the gentlemans area to which Richie replies "aha missed both my legs"! Bottom was hilarious.

I've never seen bottom, but Rick Mayall used that line when Ade Edmonson hit him between the legs with a cricket bat in an episode of the Young One's so I'm guessing that one was recycled.

Where is the line between slapstick and physical comedy? I assume the former involves some actual physical violence in which case any of the various Basil v Manuel scenes in Fawlty Towers does it for me. If it includes the latter then Morecambe and Wise's musical breakfast making scene gets my vote. Herersy for some here I know but Miranda Hart is a good exponent of both in my view.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here