Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toko - What happened?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Came to the club as a player at aged 23, appeared to have played at a good level, was rated highly, and seemed to be a good signing.

So what has happened? A Burke signing before Hyypia arrived, Sami doesn't rate him? Unfit? Unhappy? Homesick? Too young? Something else?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Came to the club as a player at aged 23, in the peak of his career, appeared to have played at a good level, was rated highly, and seemed to be a good signing.

So what has happened? A Burke signing before Hyypia arrived, Sami doesn't rate him? Unfit? Unhappy? Homesick? Something else?

Perhaps ring the club? Or ask those in the know?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A prime example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Cost big money to get him here as well, so I understand...But then when your team has 5 loan players in the starting line up, after signing over half a dozen new players. What do you expect???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I recall being excited about his YouTube video - a midfield enforcer who was likely to pick up at least 1 red a season. Something we didn't really have. Perhaps Holla is considered better, being able to find a better pass and more of a goal-scoring threat? That said, I've seen Holla jump out of the odd tackle, which is disappointing, and his goal scoring record for us is somewhat, err, missing.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
One of the reasons why this squads wages are at record levels. So far has been a complete waste of resources. Does he actually exist - i don't recall actually seeing him yet.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Keep up. He was signed for the development squad. Bozza said so it must be true.

Did he actually? It's not hard to figure out why some people might come to the conclusion he is a mouthpiece for the club is it? :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did he actually? It's not hard to figure out why some people might come to the conclusion he is a mouthpiece for the club is it? :lolol:

1. How do you know Bloom hasn't / isn't questioning recruitment?

2. The stat is telling, to a degree, but doesn't quite tell the full story...

Stockdale - injured
Hughes - injured
Toko - dev squad addition
Holla - on the bench
Colunga - on the bench
McCourt - was always intended to be a squad addition / 'from the bench' / something different
O'Grady - see McCourt

Who am I missing?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-the-recruitment-set-up&p=6655015#post6655015

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I don't think anything has happened to him. It's just turned out he's not very good. Anyone who has seen him play for the DS will testify that he's a bit rubbish.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Came to the club as a player at aged 23, appeared to have played at a good level, was rated highly, and seemed to be a good signing.

So what has happened? A Burke signing before Hyypia arrived, Sami doesn't rate him? Unfit? Unhappy? Homesick? Too young? Something else?

Looked ok against Lewes------:p

BTW----Can we have a whip round to get rid of Agustien:moo:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No wonder the depth of talent in our first team has massively decreased if we're paying high wages for a 23 year old in the development squad.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
A prime example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Cost big money to get him here as well, so I understand...But then when your team has 5 loan players in the starting line up, after signing over half a dozen new players. What do you expect???

Please can you ask your impeccable source who we paid this big money to? Everyone else seems to think he signed on a free transfer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here