Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Band Aid 30' anyone else feeling underwhelmed?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I know what you mean but I'll reserve judgement until I hear it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This thread is genuinely the first knowledge I had that there even was such a thing.

Good luck to them, though.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I really do not like most of the people performing in this, but hats of to a lot of them who have taken time out from their tours (some even cancelling shows to take part).
It may turn out to be rubbish, but hopefully it will raise a lot of money for the charity.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It was all over Sky News yesterday.

Geldoff told of how he'd just spoken to Gideon, and said "What about the tax? Can we have that back?".

Gideon's response: "Without question." So Geldoff has given The Chancellor some very welcome positive media coverage. Shame.

I hope that the record makes lots of money, and that this is appropriately used. Agree with the OP that the artists involved are utterly underwhelming, but this is hardly a surprise, is it?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Know what you mean. Geldof has become the Ernest of pop music........., a one trick pony.
Much as I admire the intent this is dull and, I think, less likely to impact. It needed something new.
I will continue to donate to charities that I believe have some hope of dodging the local and international government "intermediaries" who invariably ensure that little gets through to the intended recipients. I won't be buying a tired download though, even if Saint Bob is behind it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Did anyone else watch that woman on Andrew Marr telling us we should boycott the record untill the British Government changes it policy on Liberia.

All very odd.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not a big fan of the change of lyrics.

However, to feel better, let's have a look at the 1989 Band Aid II lineup:

Bananarama
Big Fun
Bros
Cathy Dennis
D Mob
Deuce
Jason Donovan
Kevin Godley
Glen Goldsmith
Kylie Minogue
The Pasadenas
Chris Rea
Cliff Richard
Jimmy Somerville
Sonia
Lisa Stansfield
Technotronic
Wet Wet Wet

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
May buy it if I thought it went to a worthwhile cause unlike the original money that instead of going to help Ethopia the food it bought was mostly taken by their government, so a resident told me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was the first one not underwhelming then? As Bob said on Sky the other day, you don't have to like it. just buy it.

Yawn! No, the first one was quite uplifting - it carried on the feel good factor of the Live Aid concert. Now, one more to add to the 'Never go back' list.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here