Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
boswell-151114-l229-2085798_478x359.jpg

Charley Boswell
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 16th November 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s a completely different club now and something that I’ve always hoped would happen."
Charley Boswell

Brighton & Hove Albion women defender Charley Boswell believes the club is in its best ever shape both on and off the pitch.The 24-year-old is the longest-serving outfield player in the squad and has been delighted by the way the club has transformed over the years.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s a completely different club now and something that I’ve always hoped would happen. It’s amazing to see the club evolve so much and I hope it continues to grow in the years to come.
“It’s probably the best team we’ve had and we now have support from all angles, not just on the pitch from the girls, but from the fanbase around us and from all the staff and management.
“We have people travelling large distances to come and play for us. The team is in the best shape it’s ever been.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion’s next game is not until 30th November when the team travel to Newcastle in the Premier League Cup, following the cancellation of Sunday’s match against Lewes and the postponement of the game against Keynsham on 23rd November.Charley says the squad will continue to train hard during the unexpected break in competitive action, ahead of the next match against the Magpies.
“The training sessions will stay the same, so not much will change in that respect. I’m sure we’ll be training on the Sundays instead of having the games anyway.
“It will be nice to have a break, but as long as the intensity of training stays as it is and the momentum remains high, then I don’t think it will have a negative impact on our progress.
“It’s not too early to be thinking about the Newcastle match, because we are always working towards the next game and need to be make sure everything is still we’re ticking over.
“We also need to make sure we look after ourselves during the time off by going to the gym and go on a few runs if we need to.”
The Seagulls currently sit top of the Premier League Southern Division three points clear of second-placed Cardiff, having played two more games than the Bluebirds.
Boswell has challenged the rest of the squad to maintain their position as league leaders and show their true quality throughout the remainder of the season.
“We’ve worked really hard to be top and there is no reason for us to become complacent. Obviously we’re a few games ahead of the teams below us, so we need to be looking at it now as a reason to push on and show teams that we’re the ones to be chased.
“I feel like we’ve evolved from a team that grafts hard but doesn’t always get the results, to one that works even harder and gets the rewards. We need to maintain that.”

[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here