Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
dunk-151114-l229-2085852_478x359.jpg

Lewis Dunk
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 16th November 2014
by James Hilsum
Personally I’m too old for the 21s now so in the future I’ll be looking to get into the senior squad."
Lewis Dunk

Lewis Dunk was delighted to see Jake Forster-Caskey called up to the England under-21 squad and now wants to work his way back into the international reckoning by breaking into the senior set up.The 22-year-old has previously been involved with the under-21s while Stuart Pearce was in charge, but still has ambitions to fulfil at international level.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I spoke to Jake the first day he got there and I’m so happy that he’s getting a chance to show what he can do in the under-21s. They won 3-1 against Portugal on Thursday, so I’m buzzing for him.
“Personally I’m too old for the 21s now so in the future I’ll be looking to get into the senior squad, but at the moment I’ll just focus on working hard for Brighton.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Dunk says the squad have continued to work hard on the training pitch throughout the international break, as preparations begin for the match against Norwich City on 22 November.“We’ve had a couple of days off, but it’s been tough since we’ve come back in and it’s all about keeping our sharpness ready for the games ahead.
"We haven’t had a game to prepare for and we’ll work more on that next week. We’ve mostly been playing small-sided games focusing on sharp possession work.
“The numbers in training are obviously smaller, so you have to run around a bit more which is not good for me!
“You also have to do your own individual work in training, but I’m feeling quite fit at the moment.”
The defender has been pleased with his individual form so far this campaign and feels that the arrival of Greg Halford will add greater competition for places.
“I just want to keep my form and confidence up really by continuing to play as I am at the moment. If I can nick a couple more goals then I’ll be happy with that. I’m on a bit of goal drought at the minute so I need to start hitting the back of the net!
“The recent arrival of Greg has added more competition for places and that brings the best out of everyone in the squad. I believe that’s the best thing for the players.”

[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here