Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car finance advice

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
As the title suggests, I am considering getting a family car on finance. Reason: can't afford the huge price up front and am sceptical about buying something old, not knowing if it's going to break down within 1000 miles. Some of the places I am dealing with offer 12 months parts and labour with an MOT on the day of purchase.

It all seems ok to me but I would like to hear any other options I may not have considered and bad/good experiences going down this route.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm sure there has been a thread on here about leasing a car - similar sort of setup to a finance thing one would presume, however I think you either get the option to buy the existing one or get a new one every three years or so. The idea in principle sounds pretty good, because you'll never incur any massive repair or replace bills, but I guess the monthly amounts may be a bit higher to reflect this. Worth looking into if nothing else. As I say I think there is a thread on here if you look, and I think some regulars on here do this, so see what other people say.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
As the title suggests, I am considering getting a family car on finance. Reason: can't afford the huge price up front and am sceptical about buying something old, not knowing if it's going to break down within 1000 miles. Some of the places I am dealing with offer 12 months parts and labour with an MOT on the day of purchase.

It all seems ok to me but I would like to hear any other options I may not have considered and bad/good experiences going down this route.

You could try PCH or PCP

Last edited:

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
I go to my bank Natwest, to get car loans..

Rates are low at moment 4.9% , which on borrowing £7500 over 48 months @ £172 per month, you pay back £8250!

Which is only £750 charge for borrowing... Bloody good in my opinion

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here