Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*****Offical England vs Slovenia match thread*****

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
image.jpg

England take on their closest rivals in the European Qualifiers when they welcome Slovenia to Wembley on Saturday evening in a match which is expected to see Wayne Rooney earn his 100th cap.

Team news

England will be without Michael Carrick and Andros Townsend after both players withdrew from the squad earlier in the week due to injury

West Bromwich Albion's Saido Berahino could make his senior debut after being named in Hodgson’s squad having taken the Premier League by storm this season.

Raheem Sterling is expected to start having been omitted from the first XI against Estonia due to suffering from fatigue while Danny Welbeck will likely partner Rooney in attack.

Stewart Downing could feature after returning to the international setup having previously been in the wilderness since 2012.

Srecko Katanec’s Slovenia have Palermo defender Sinisa Andelkovic back in contention for the first time in a year-and-a-half while Miral Samardzic also returns.

England: 1 Hart 2 Clyne 3 Gibbs 4 Henderson 5 Cahill 6 Jagielka 7 Wilshere 8 Lallana 9 Welbeck 10 Rooney 11 Sterling

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Starting now on ITV. Ian Wright appears to be rocking the Harry Potter look

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is there a game on ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I reckon Rooney will break the England goal scoring record.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Corporate area half empty again, no doubt inside tucking into the food and drink with no interest in the football. Is that what the 1901 area looks like from the East Terrace these days?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We are rubbish in the final third. Too many intricate touches. Never thought I'd say it but I miss Lampard in those areas, he'd just spank it.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The pitch really is grim!!!! But then so are we. We just play incredibly dull, uninspiring football.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We'll get done by the jocks on Tuesday
Cracking game last night watching Scotland v Ireland
Passion high tempo cracking atmos in stadium
This is dull dull dull, but wasn't expecting anything else tbh

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
More I watch England the more I'm glad I haven't wasted money actually going. Atmosphere is non existent, and the football not much better.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
More I watch England the more I'm glad I haven't wasted money actually going. Atmosphere is non existent, and the football not much better.

I will never go all the while those wankers with trumpets are in attendance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here