Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Sloes still around ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just checked my Sloe Gin stash and I am rapidly running out of last years vintage . I don't want to know anyone's secret spot but are there any still on the trees or have they all fallen ? I do know where some should be but it is about a mile and a half walk. Thanks all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good news, after a bit of a ramble came across the Motherlode of Sloes, managed to pick close to 4lb. A close run thing though as they are just starting to ripen and go off a tad.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I love sloe gin. My uncle used to make a wicked concoction - half a glass and you were smashed. Inspired me to go and make my own country wines - I let the missus make the sloe gin nowadays.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's been a funny year.

Lot's of mushrooms around at the moment.

Wet August meant early flushes. Then an ultra dry September meant they became very scarce. Now a long mild run and wetter weather means there's loads of late ones popping up everywhere, albeit it soaked through and so for the most part rendered useless.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Our local pub is running a home made booze competition, two categories, sloe gin and fruit based.

This year we have made plum vodka, raspberry vodka (currently a fantastic pink colour) and a couple of sloe gins, tried one sloe gin with granulated sugar and the other we have tried brown sugar to see if it would l make it a bit thicker.

Was out at the weekend and not too many sloes around here in East Hampshire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here