Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is totally deluded!

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I have just been reading his open and frank comments at the 'Seagulls Over Larrrrndon' meet up and overall the majority even though open and honest still looks to me like a total pile of shite and delusion of the highest order.

Every single player we have brought into the club to replace the players lost over the past two transfer windows has either been worse or much worse than what we lost & for him to carry on saying that we have a very competitive championship squad to me is simply ridiculous and overall I don't see much reason to be positive baring one scraped and lucky win against a very poor Wigan team. This surely is a pride thing were battling with, he should be coming out and at least touching on the fact of addressing that our recruitment policy is flawed with sweeping changes required adding that we messed up by dismantling a very decent team and replacing them with plan C targets that no-one else really wanted.

Judge me at the end of the transfer window - The judge finds you and the recruitment team guilty of poor signings and guilty of not managing to nail down the A list targets such as Clayton, Grabban, Ward.

The likes of Kuschack, Ward and Upson in defence has left us with no leaders at the back. The loss of Bridcutt and replacement with Holla hasn't worked and the loss of Ulloa and no real target man.

I do feel for Sami slightly in all of this, he has inherited a poor group of players with no real leaders in the team, no1 stepping up and driving us forward and I think he's out of his depth. We look like a ghost ship with a skeleton crew going aimlessly through the seas with no1 behind the wheel guiding us.

It just shows you how quickly a team can fall from grace, I appreciate the club is still learning it's way into the world of the championship but I fear this season is going to prove that were going to learn the hard way!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where did this idea that TK was a leader come from? I keep reading it. Yes he had a great season as a keeper when Poyet was manager but I don't remember him being a leader on the pitch. Always seemed surly and ended up quite disruptive imo.

As for the rest of the post, what was wrong with the multiple threads already on here?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Where did this idea that TK was a leader come from? I keep reading it. Yes he had a great season as a keeper when Poyet was manager but I don't remember him being a leader on the pitch. Always seemed surly and ended up quite disruptive imo.

As for the rest of the post, what was wrong with the multiple threads already on here?

TK formed a solid back 4, for two seasons straight one of the most solid we've seen at the albion and as much as I agree you wouldn't solely put this at TK's feet, he ws part of a very successful back 5 which we don't see now, if anything it's gone from one extreme to the other.

No issue with sticking a new one in is there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have just been reading his open and frank comments at the 'Seagulls Over Larrrrndon' meet up and overall the majority even though open and honest still looks to me like a total pile of shite and delusion of the highest order.

Every single player we have brought into the club to replace the players lost over the past two transfer windows has either been worse or much worse than what we lost & for him to carry on saying that we have a very competitive championship squad to me is simply ridiculous and overall I don't see much reason to be positive baring one scraped and lucky win against a very poor Wigan team. This surely is a pride thing were battling with, he should be coming out and at least touching on the fact of addressing that our recruitment policy is flawed with sweeping changes required adding that we messed up by dismantling a very decent team and replacing them with plan C targets that no-one else really wanted.

Judge me at the end of the transfer window - The judge finds you and the recruitment team guilty of poor signings and guilty of not managing to nail down the A list targets such as Clayton, Grabban, Ward.

The likes of Kuschack, Ward and Upson in defence has left us with no leaders at the back. The loss of Bridcutt and replacement with Holla hasn't worked and the loss of Ulloa and no real target man.

I do feel for Sami slightly in all of this, he has inherited a poor group of players with no real leaders in the team, no1 stepping up and driving us forward and I think he's out of his depth. We look like a ghost ship with a skeleton crew going aimlessly through the seas with no1 behind the wheel guiding us.

It just shows you how quickly a team can fall from grace, I appreciate the club is still learning it's way into the world of the championship but I fear this season is going to prove that were going to learn the hard way!
Some on here will want you burnt at the stake for posting that. I respect TB for the investment but some of his latest comments seem a little strange.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Indeed, pathetic not being on the thread he actually mentions

scooter1

How soon is now?
I trust TB in his actions, however I don't really believe very much of what he says in the press or at these 'junkets' that they do. What actually goes on behind the scenes and what we're drip fed are fundamentally different.
If at a point this season he thinks we're genuinely in a relegation fight, he will pull the plug on Sami and to hell with the costs. Our current position is not great, but it is salvageable with the current regime and the addition of a couple of players(Jan)

I remember the exact words of tony bloom when Leicester made offers for ulloa that "we do not need to sell players we are ambitious and why on earth do we want to sell our best players" yet contrary to that the money made was being used to offset some of the losses so thats in itself is enough for concerns about the lack of quality in players recruited obviously the club are not going to hold hands up and say we got it badly wrong and we accept we are charging high prices for mediocre on the pitch etc etc but to virtually say all is good apart from results and everything is working nicely and players are good enough to challenge for promotion etc etc simply dont wash with most who pay through the nose to see week in week out!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually, at the end of the transfer window the general consensus on NSC was that we had a very good squad.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The team is weak. The defence is weaker with Greer and Calderon possibly past their best. The midfield has no bite about it at all, why Ince(who had a pretty much full season last year, in a team that finished 6th) doesn't get a regular start, simply for he physical attributes is beyond me and the forward line, well what can you say that hasn't been said a thousand times. League one at best. We have sold £16-£18 million pounds worth of talent and replaced them with average (at best) players. We are in serious relegation trouble and if people keep sticking their head in the sand over it and keep pretending everything is ok, we will be down....We have two players left who are worth anything, Dunk and Walton. The rest of the squad ain't worth a w*nk. That's why we are where we are. But as long as Bloom keeps turning up and talking the talk, some people will lap it up.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Actually, at the end of the transfer window the general consensus on NSC was that we had a very good squad.

Unfortunately that was after 1 game of it closing, almost three months on and it's quite clearly not very good at all.

The blacksmith

Aug 20, 2014
I'm hoping that what TB says publicly is not what he's really thinking and is actually making plans to remedy our current predicament . No chairman if they have any class will slag off his management team and players in public . TB is no mug and he will know financially a drop in league would disastrous for him and the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here