Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A friday night question

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sir Bruce Forsyt just saw him on Children in Need 2014, he has looked looked the same as far as I can remember! So he is the question:

How old is he?

(No googling allowed!!!)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had already googled it, as I was having a similar discussion with the Mrs on ages. He is 10 years older than Terry W.

BTW, as a side note, do you think Tess charges the BBC for tonight, Like Tel does?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A prime example of keeping going after the statutory retirement age to retain some semblance of youth. My neighbour is out in his garden every day without fail, climbing up ladders, battlong with Convulvulus and he's 93. One of the oldest Albion fans around, I'd imagine. First game was in the late 1920s.

I guess 121.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I had already googled it, as I was having a similar discussion with the Mrs on ages. He is 10 years older than Terry W.

BTW, as a side note, do you think Tess charges the BBC for tonight, Like Tel does?

I think, since it came out, Tel donates his fee. I'd imagine the others do that or work for free.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Really ? does Tel charge ? and, more importantly does he claim expenses on his wigs ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think, since it came out, Tel donates his fee. I'd imagine the others do that or work for free.

Fair enough if he does.

I know, I was taken aback a few years back when the media said he didn't do CIN for free. Mind you, BOF I note you said SINCE.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh and taking this as the official CIN thread. I enjoyed S Club 7. Think the Cab Sauv is kicking in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I am sure I read once that TW is the only person paid for appearing the rest do it free. Since then pressure has forced him to donate his fee, reputed to be £150k, but that does seem a lot so not sure that is a true figure.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure I read once that TW is the only person paid for appearing the rest do it free. Since then pressure has forced him to donate his fee, reputed to be £150k, but that does seem a lot so not sure that is a true figure.

A google search suggests it was less. From 2007.

In a letter, the Corporation said: "The BBC paid Sir Terry a presenter payment of £9,065. Sir Terry Wogan has presented Children In Need every year since 1980. The BBC considered it appropriate to pay Sir Terry a non-commercial fee.

"No other BBC presenters or personalities were paid."

Still surprised me though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here