Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car advice

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
Oh great sages of NSC. I have looked at a Honda Civic 1.8 iVTEC ES today. Nice looking car in my opinion, going for test drive tomorrow as there is no footy to speak of. Any input welcomed.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Honda's are good cars. Bit juicy by today's standards. Good mileage for the year. Pricey for year, check out price by looking in Parkers Guide, i think it is overpriced.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Check out the Service history. Was there an advisory guide with the last Service/Mot and have those things been done ?

What is the position with the cambelt timing chain ? Has that been done or is it due ?

theboybilly

For that money you should be looking at an 08 plate at least. Some complain of a hash ride but reliability really shouldn't be an issue, with everything still functioning - it's a Honda. Rear view is an possible problem because of the 'spoiler' so reversing into a space needs a bit more care.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Should of got a Golf.

Yeah, make sure it's an estate version so you can carry all the window regulators, rear suspension bushes etc. that you'll inevitably need! Get a honda, they're just so much better.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Yeah, make sure it's an estate version so you can carry all the window regulators, rear suspension bushes etc. that you'll inevitably need! Get a honda, they're just so much better.

I drive 2010 VW passat 2.0tdi, just passed its mot at 90,000 no problems, car has never been to a garage for repairs!

So what you saying? VW are crap or problem prone ???

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Strange, my mate drives a Golf, his passenger window regulator broke recently and he's just replaced his rear suspension bushes.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Never driven anything with VTEC then ?

I've driven the Type R, the 7th generation with the independent rear suspension, not the later model which doesn't handle as well because the bean counters at Honda fitted and old style torsion beam.

Does that count?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Lol never heard it my self.. Is it on old german cars

I've had 5 german cars: Bmw, 2 Mercs, Range rover and Vw , never had suspension bush or window problems...
Look, it's not rocket science is it? An awful lot of GOLFS suffer with rear suspension bush problems and the window regulators are rubbish and fail regularly, I know, I mend cars for a living and I do tons of both of these faults. My reply was to someone who said "get a golf" and I have suggested that a Honda is an infinitely better product. It was a reply to a car advice question and that / this is my reply! With respect,BMW's Merc's and Range Rover's are not VW's and a Passat is not a Golf and not blighted with the 2 issues I raised. I thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here