Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship salaries 8th biggest in world

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Average Championship salary £486,000. Absolutely ridiculous and surely unsustainable. That means on the balance of probabilities, given we are by no means the worst payers,. there are players earning way over that at The Amex.

And the salaries dwarf those in the top leagues of Portugal, Holland and Argentina, packed with internationals who played at the World Cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2833020/Premier-League-wages-dwarf-Europe-flight-players-England-earning-average-2-3million-year.html

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Of course the Championship is high! It's the devision where three relegated Premiership teams go every year. Former PL teams probably count for a high percentage of the total wage bill. I'm pretty sure teams like Blackpool, Rotherham, Wednesday, Millwall, etc don't have a squad of 20 players all earning 9.3K a week.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Of course the Championship is high! It's the devision where three relegated Premiership teams go every year. Former PL teams probably count for a high percentage of the total wage bill. I'm pretty sure teams like Blackpool, Rotherham, Wednesday, Millwall, etc don't have a squad of 20 players all earning 9.3K a week.

:lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Take Wednesday out of that, I highly suspect that they are in the top 3rd of highish wages

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Average Championship salary £486,000. Absolutely ridiculous and surely unsustainable. That means on the balance of probabilities, given we are by no means the worst payers,. there are players earning way over that at The Amex.

Correct.
I have it on good authority that one of our recent summer signings is on £12k per week and he doesn't even make the bench some games!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Correct.
I have it on good authority that one of our recent summer signings is on £12k per week and he doesn't even make the bench some games!

I find that worrying, especially if he replaced someone who was on lower money but we sold for a profit. Would mean we have accepted paying more for inferior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here