olding-131114-l229-2082708_478x359.jpg

Hollie Olding
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 14th November 2014
by James Hilsum
When I got the call I just couldn’t believe it; it was brilliant."
Hollie Olding

Brighton & Hove Albion women's centre of excellence player, Hollie Olding, appeared for England under-17s in a behind-closed-doors friendly match against Germany at St George’s Park.
Hollie started the match, which was part of a three-day training camp between 7th and 10th November at England’s national football centre, with fellow COE player Natalie Taylor also selected and Amelia Ritchie put on standby.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “It was very unexpected because I wanted it for so long and I thought it was never going to come. When I got the call I just couldn’t believe it; it was brilliant.
“Putting on the England shirt was probably the best thing about the camp, but everything leading up to the match was amazing, including all the training sessions and being able to meet new people.
“Having Natalie with me helped a lot, because we didn’t know anyone there and we made a lot new friends."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Elite women & girls football manager, Tracy Doe, was absolutely delighted with both girls’ involvement in the camp.
She said, “We’re incredibly proud to have players from our centre of excellence* involved in such a prestigious camp.
“I’m sure it has been an unforgettable experience for Hollie in particular to play against Germany and this will only aid her development as a footballer.
“This further demonstrates the extremely large talent pool we have in our centre of excellence and we are continuously striving to have many more international call-ups in the future.”
[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here