Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] INSIDE SEAGULL: REID BACK IN THE STRIPES

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
reid-l229-2078447_478x359.jpg

Paul Reid played for Brighton for four years

Former Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Paul Reid has once again donned the blue-and-white stripes, this time for a Robert Eaton Memorial Fund game in Australia.As a member of the Seagulls Downunder side, Paul – along with fellow former Seagull Lloyd Owusu – starred as Albion beat Crystal Palace 4-2 recently in Sydney.
The former Australian international is now a community football officer at Sydney FC, but as he told Seagull, Albion’s matchday programme, he is delighted to reconnect with a club he appeared for over 100 times between 2004 and 2008.
The 35-year-old said, “The REMF game is an enjoyable day to raise money for a great cause.
“I don’t need much persuading to play a game of football and even though it is not the main priority of the day, to put one over Palace again is always very rewarding.
“I have played in the REMF game against Palace and the Football Fans Downunder (FFDU) 5-a-side tournament [which Albion also won recently] these past two years and plan to continue doing so for many years to come.
“It’s great to meet up with the Albion fans through Seagulls Downunder, and I have actually come across a couple in Adelaide and Sydney which is quite unbelievable.
“It is great that there is a Seagulls Downunder fanbase as they can all get together when they like.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Reid featured for the Albion during the club’s previous stint in the Championship and he recalls two games at that level as particular highlights to his stay in Sussex.
“One of the best memories of my football career was the Palace game at a packed Selhurst Park where we won 1-0, when Paul McShane scored the goal.“It was such a great feeling afterwards, especially amongst the supporters as it felt like they had won the championship. The number of phone calls I received from friends as they were making their way back to Brighton!
“Staying up on the last day of the 2004/05 season when we drew 1-1 with Ipswich is a great memory and, of course, the play-off win against Bristol City would definitely be up there, as I can still visualise the contrast in colours at the Millennium Stadium.
“Off the field, I met so many great people and my wife and I had an amazing four-and-a-half years in ‘Hove actually’, that we still have a place there. The plan is, when we are a bit older, to be able to spend part of the year in Brighton and Hove and the other part of the year in Australia.”
*The full interviews with Paul Reid and Lloyd Owusu can be found in the Wigan Athletic issue of Seagull, still available in the Amex Superstore, priced £3.50, or available to purchase online at seagullsdirect.co.uk
[h=3]ALBION V Fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]friDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here