Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was the last BHAFC player placed on the transfer list?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes, Bridcutt came to mind too, although he was clearly agitating for a specific transfer and presumably (ahem) he knew of their interest, not that I'm suggesting any 'tapping up' ever took place, oh no.

So in Bridcutt's case I'm not sure that we ever had to resort to formally putting him on a transfer list if Sunderland made a formal bid in the correct manner - and we encouraged proper negotiations?

I do wonder if it's as simple as just being 'put on the transfer list' these days? For example when the club decides that it will not renew a player's contract at the end of the season, until then he is still employed by the Club but in practice available to leave now - it largely amounts to the same thing? The Club circulates the players availability and the players agent promotes him around other clubs.

Would someone like El Abd have fallen into that category?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, I guess that under Gus Poyet, Matt Sparrow and Romain Vincelot were effectively transfer-listed (they weren't given a squad number and Poyet made it clear that they were not in his first-team plans).

And under Micky Adams, it seemed to happen virtually every week. I think at some point or other, all of Jamie Campbell, Rod Thomas, Darren Carr and Dirk Lehmann were listed or made available for transfer. Possibly Lee Steele too? And Darren Freeman demanded a transfer after being dropped, although he later changed his mind.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Well, I guess that under Gus Poyet, Matt Sparrow and Romain Vincelot were effectively transfer-listed (they weren't given a squad number and Poyet made it clear that they were not in his first-team plans).

And under Micky Adams, it seemed to happen virtually every week. I think at some point or other, all of Jamie Campbell, Rod Thomas, Darren Carr and Dirk Lehmann were listed or made available for transfer. Possibly Lee Steele too? And Darren Freeman demanded a transfer after being dropped, although he later changed his mind.

Lee Steele was transfer-listed, Zamora got injured, and he scored a load of goals in his place. He may have then been taken back off?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lee Steele was transfer-listed, Zamora got injured, and he scored a load of goals in his place. He may have then been taken back off?

From the Argus, August 28 2001: - Steele off the list

Albion supersub Lee Steele has been taken off the transfer list.

Boss Micky Adams broke the news to the striker in the dressing room following yesterday's fiery 4-0 win against Blackpool at Withdean.

Steele made another stunning contribution after replacing Gary Hart in the first half.

He supplied the second and fourth goals for Richard Carpenter and Bobby Zamora and in-between headed his second in four games for the unbeaten Seagulls.

Adams revealed: "I had a brief chat with him after the game. I have accused Lee of being a talker, not a doer, but this season he has been a doer.

"Steeley thinks he has a lot to prove, but not to me. He is showing the sort of form we brought him here for in the first place and long may it continue."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here