Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some common sense at last

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Political correctness is now an industry and some people make a very nice living off the back of it. It has gone too far and we a living in a ridiculously sensitive society. Life is a school of hard knocks and public figures are there to be popped at.
I remember going to school and the teacher writing on a blackboard. We sang nursery rhymes like..." Ba Ba Black Sheep " We collected the gollies off Robertson's jam " My sister had a gollie as a toy. N---er brown was a proper colour. You gave someone a black look. You played the white man etc etc etc
All frowned upon now by those that know better.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Political correctness is now an industry and some people make a very nice living off the back of it. It has gone too far and we a living in a ridiculously sensitive society. Life is a school of hard knocks and public figures are there to be popped at.
I remember going to school and the teacher writing on a blackboard. We sang nursery rhymes like..." Ba Ba Black Sheep " We collected the gollies off Robertson's jam " My sister had a gollie as a toy. N---er brown was a proper colour. You gave someone a black look. You played the white man etc etc etc

Not sure this is ironic or not ???

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I agree that political correctness has gone too far, and that the Alex Salmond effigy thing is all a bit silly, but I don't think you have chosen very good examples - particularly on the Golliwog front.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Getting very very pi$$ed off with all this PC sh1t where everyone seems to be getting offended on other people's behalf.

http://www.sussex.police.uk/whats-h...ence-disclosed-in-lewes-bonfire-investigation

Who was getting offended on other peoples behalf?
Seems to me it's likely that passionate scottish nationalists were complaining that they were offended their figure head was being ridiculed. Which i presume was the intent. All good fun, unless your implying that we shouldn't have a society where peeps can complain?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
6d9c5e281f8d605e5db316aef2f42312.jpg

Says it all I think?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fu** our bullsh*t society and its bullsh*t rules

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I agree that political correctness has gone too far, and that the Alex Salmond effigy thing is all a bit silly, but I don't think you have chosen very good examples - particularly on the Golliwog front.

The problem is that in my day we saw golliwogs in a similar vein to teddy bears and such like and never even considered that it could mean anything else until the PC brigade changed the focus of it. I certainly don't think we felt it meant we hated black people and wanted to make fun of them

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fu** our bullsh*t society and its bullsh*t rules

I'm with you brother, from now on when I'm cycling to work I'm going to "Fu** our bullsh*t rules" by not stopping at red lights and cycling on the pavement.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

I haven't laughed at a post that much in ages! [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION], the great wager of war against cyclists breaking the rules is actually an anarchist. That is just classic posting Dr.!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Really? Because it seems to me that the only people saying "it's PC gone mad" are the ones who are perfectly content using slurs and categorising a whole lot of people based on a few of them.

I thought saying insensitive shit to and about people based on ridiculous assumptions was out of order.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I got caned 4 times I agree it bloody hurt , doesn't mean I agree with it , I certainly couldn't imagine being very happy for my 13 year old to come home with the red weals that turn to bruises after being caned.
You're fired!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here