Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Get him in *justsayingitfirst*

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thought Wigan looked a bit like us, some nice passing but ultimately toothless...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bowing to fan pressure. Rosler is a good manager.

Don't let my comment seem like a dig at you because it's not, but this is the sort of statement which confuses me slightly.

Management is bizarre. It's the very reason why, when several candidates are mentioned for our job as manager, I never make a difinitive statement on them.

Take Steve Mcclaren for example. The ULTIMATE example. Brilliant at Middlesborough, Horrendous for England, amazing for Twente, terrible at Wolfsberg, Doing WONDERS at Derby.

So this "he is a good manager" or "he is a bad manager" never quite sits right with me. He was good at Brentford. He was bad at Wigan(seemingly).

Of course, you would perhaps suggest the good at Brentford shows he has something there but, again, it may have just been the case of perfect man at the perfect time. Much like Gus when he swooped in to our shitbag of a team at the time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wigan were in the play offs last season. Poor results mean they only have 17 points. Chairman gave Rosler his full backing yesterday. Does this look familiar ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't let my comment seem like a dig at you because it's not, but this is the sort of statement which confuses me slightly.

Management is bizarre. It's the very reason why, when several candidates are mentioned for our job as manager, I never make a difinitive statement on them.

Take Steve Mcclaren for example. The ULTIMATE example. Brilliant at Middlesborough, Horrendous for England, amazing for Twente, terrible at Wolfsberg, Doing WONDERS at Derby.

So this "he is a good manager" or "he is a bad manager" never quite sits right with me. He was good at Brentford. He was bad at Wigan(seemingly).

Of course, you would perhaps suggest the good at Brentford shows he has something there but, again, it may have just been the case of perfect man at the perfect time. Much like Gus when he swooped in to our shitbag of a team at the time.

I guess the statement should be "Rosler CAN be a good manager, given the right fit."

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
There is nothing wrong with the manager," Whelan told the Wigan Evening Post.

"A good manager doesn't become a bad manager overnight, and Uwe Rosler is a good manager.

"There is no question over his ability. He's solid. He's just not getting enough from the players at the moment. I spoke with Uwe on Friday and I told him I was 100 per cent behind him. He needs support from everyone, and he will get it.

"The players need to pull their fingers out and give it everything - not 80 per cent or 90 per cent, but 100 per cent."

From YESTERDAY! Incredible.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
From the BBC report:

"However, they were weakened in the summer when key midfielder Jordi Gomes joined Sunderland on a free transfer and James McArthur moved to Crystal Palace for £7m.
Long-term injuries to Chris McCann and Ben Watson further hampered Wigan's start to the season and with just one win in 12 games, owner Dave Whelan has decided a change was needed."

Wow - what a lot of similarities...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

He built a terrific team at Brentford, playing a great brand of attacking football. Given time he'd do a similar job at Wigan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here