Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change One Letter Only of a Sport or Athletic Event to Make a New One,

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
and describe it in a brief sentence or two. Yes I nicked this idea off the telly, but who cares?
I'll start with said telly event.

Clay Pigeon Shouting;
A group of posh people stand in a field shouting "Clay pigeon. Clay pigeon." at the top of their voice!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
1022 Fifa World Cup Qatar

A bit like the 2022 Fifa World Cup in Qatar. But it's a cup which went ahead during times where slavery, bribery and corruption were acceptable.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Hammer throwing --> Hamper throwing.
A summer event originating from when families were out on a picnic and the heavens opened meaning they had to throw their picnic spread back into the hamper and then throw it into the back of their car before seeking shelter.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Snowboarding --> Snowhoarding

Each participant must collect as much snow from an in-use piste as possible. Extra bonus points given for over-excitability, use of the word 'rad' and providing your own commentary full of baffling lingo.

(In case anyone gets the wrong idea, I actually like snowboarding)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Dicsus --> Discuss.
Competitors talk about the science involved in throwning objects and what can affect the distances that could be achieved

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Rugby --> Rigby
Competitors offer bungs and other perks to judges in order to secure a major sporting event in their country. FIFA are the current reigning champions and look like they will be hard to depose any time soon.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Horse racing-Herse racing

Basically formula one using a herse.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Giant Slalom --> Giant Shalom.
Competitors are blindfolded and have to correctly identify the tallest Jewish individual from a line up and they have to judge this purely from the sound of their voice as those taking part in the line up say the word Shalom.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Boxing --> Boring

Two combatants take their place in the centre of the ring and try their hardest to bore the other into submission through a mix of conversation and bad jokes. The current reigning champion caused his opponent to have a hemorrhage after a 10 hour lecture on the merits of the 442 system, thus winning by default.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here