Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] INSIDE SEAGULL: GARDNER' GOAL REVELATION

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Gary Gardner has revealed a slight change in formation has helped him net two goals in his last two games.The on-loan signing from Aston Villa scored the only goal of the game against Wigan Athletic last Tuesday, before finding the target in the 1-1 draw against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
Arriving late in the box was a hallmark of Gardner’s game coming through the ranks at Aston Villa, and the 22-year-old hopes to score more goals before his tenure with the Seagulls is up.
He told Seagull, Albion’s matchday magazine, “We had a tweak of the formation the other night [against Wigan] and that allowed me to get in the box more.
“That’s what I like to do, break forward and score goals, and as my fitness is getting better with the more games I play, I’m able to do that.
“It’s not just me who has the licence to get forward though; any one of the midfielders can do it as long as we talk – that’s what our change in formation allows us to do.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Garder, on the back of two cruciate knee ligament injuries, is playing the first regular run of football in his fledgling career. He is clearly getting fitter and stronger with every appearance and believes there is much more to come in an Albion shirt.He added, “My sharpness is getting better all the time, and that has come with a regular run of games.”
“I’m enjoying my football and feel settled now at the club. I still know I can play better and I hope to show that in the coming weeks.”
Albion now have a well-documented six loan signings at the club and Gardner feels the most recent arrivals – Elliott Bennett and Greg Halford – can have a big impact during their time with the Seagulls.
“They are both experienced guys and their arrival can only help us. Like me, they’ve come here having not played much football so the fans will have to bear with them, but I’m sure they’ll make a big contribution both on and off the pitch.”
* The full interview with Gary can be found in Saturday’s issue of Seagull v Blackburn Rovers, still available in the Amex Superstore, priced £3.50, or available to purchase online at seagullsdirect.co.uk
[h=3]ALBION V Fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]friDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills