Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under Cabinate LED light strip HELP!?

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
I Have some LED Strip which I want to install under the cabinates in my kitchen - I am not sure how I would wire it when there is a gap between two units where the oven is.

So the transformer/driver will sit on top of the units on the far left side of the kitchen but then there is only 20cm of cable from the driver to then connect to the strip? - is it possible to extend this, as it needs to drop down behind the unit.

secondly once i have the driver feeding the strip under the left unit - do i then end the led strip - connect a new red/black wire and extend this under/over the oven and then connect this up again to some more strip led lighting
-will that work or do i need to have two drivers - each placed above the units feeding the particular set of stripping for that cabinate?

i.e the feed goes to the driver - then extend the cables from the driver down behind the cabinate to the led strip - fix the strip - connect more red/black wire and feed back up behind the cabinate over the oven behind the plinth - back down and back into the second section of led strip?

I have the strip and and driver to power it - is it as simple as buying more of this:
http://www.lightrabbit.co.uk/5m-cable-extension-for-single-colour-led-strip-2-pin.html

how is this extended onto the existing wiring does it need a specific box or connection?

hopefully this makes a bit of sense any help would be appreciated..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here