Bloom has no plans to sell his stake in Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
2699952.jpg

Owner and chairman Tony Bloom remains totally committed to Albion

First published in Albion
Last updated Exclusive by Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter
Tony Bloom insists he is in for the long haul as Albion's owner and chairman.
He has refuted speculation among supporters and one or two club insiders that he could be prepared to sell after investing heavily in the club's infrastructure.
Bloom told The Argus: "People can think what they want. I'm absolutely loving being chairman of this great football club.
"I have absolutely no intention of selling. I think I will be here for many years to come."
Bloom expects life in the Championship to become even harder after Albion reluctantly voted in favour of changes to Financial Fair Play rules which would allow a club to lose over £50 million over the next four seasons and still comply. "I think it will be more difficult," Bloom said. "I think the overall losses in the Championship will, inevitably, go up.
"I think it will put pressure on player wages and it will it more difficult for the likes of us but I still think if we do things the right way, put a lot of investment into the Academy, that we will overall - it won't always happen - but overall have a squad that while we are in the Championship will be competitive and will have a reasonable chance of gaining promotion in any season."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here