Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changes To Our Team To Make Us Top 6 Again

gazfoster

PBC
Aug 11, 2013
Southwick
Reason I've put this post on here is to find out what fans want to see different in the team..

What I'd like to see is a new RB Calderon (love the guy) but is too slow and is always out of position and Bruno doesn't really cut it for me, So in January Window go get a young RB if we don't secure Halford for the rest of the season cause he would be better at RB for us...

We've got El Benno back which is great cause he gives us that extra momentum in the midfield, But maybe go a search for a RM LuaLua I am really starting to lose faith with him he does too much on the ball and then goes wondering into the middle of the park and loses us width on the wing, Now Craig Noone would be a good shout to come back to the amex his not in the starting line-up for Cardiff..

Now to the Strikers - There all firing blanks at the moment , I would get rid of O'Grady and keep CMS Baldock and Colunga, But I would defo bring in another either sign a striker or loan one lol , Who would I want to see in squad would be Glenn Murray again, some of you hate him many fans I speak to would love to see him back at the club he knows where the net is and certainly doing it at Reading at the moment another would be Gary Hooper from Norwich also I've heard bobby to return..

What do you fans think? :albion2::bhasign::albion2::bhasign::albion2:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Add a goalscorer. That would be enough.

In a nutshell I agree. If Ulloa was still here I think he would have banged in five or six crucial goals that we haven't scored and probably gained us another ten points or so which would put us one point outside the play offs. Although we appear crap, we really aren't that much worse than some of the teams challenging at the other end of the team. We have not been outplayed by anyone really, other than maybe Middlesborough who we still only lost to by one goal. Also if you have someone scoring the chances it takes so much pressure off the rest of the team. We have dominated parts of some games and not scored and that inevitably costs you. A goalscorer changes a team, it's as a simple as that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A goalscorer, plus March, Stephens and Bruno back. We made the playoffs two years running with Bruno so he clearly is good enough.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dunno with Bruno thou , March and Stephens would help us out so much in the midfield

Bruno has proved season after season he's good enough, no? He was great in our team that finished 4th and towards the end of the season was the best team in the division.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Add a goalscorer. That would be enough.

This!!!!

If we had someone that scored 1 in 2 in the league we could have another 12 points at least:

Brighton 1-1 Blackburn - (Becomes 2 -1 win +2 points)
Brighton 1-0 Wigan
Bournemouth 3-2 Brighton (3-3 draw + 1 point)
Brighton 1-1 Rotherham
Huddersfield 1-1 Brighton (2-1 win + 2 points)
Brighton 1-2 M'boro
Watford 1-1 Brighton (2-1 win +2 points)
Brighton 1-1 Cardiff
Nottm Forest 0-0 Brighton (1- 0 win + 2 points)
Brighton 0-0 Blackpool
Ipswich 2-0 Brighton (2-1 loss)
Brentford 3-2 Brighton
Brighton 2-2 Charlton (3-2 win +2 points)
Brighton 2-1 Bolton
Leeds 0-2 Brighton (3-0 win)
Birmingham 1-0 Brighton
Brighton 0-1 Sheff Wed (1-1 draw + 1 point)

Crude I know, but not entirely unrealistic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
gazfoster;6658137 What I'd like to see is a new RB Calderon (love the guy) but is too slow and is always out of position and Bruno doesn't really cut it for me said:
Halford is an acceptable CB as a stand in but streets behind Greer and Dunk. The only time I would want to see him at full back is in the 85th minute if a full back went off injured rather than play a midfielder out of position. He is generally a very poor full back as he has shown on his previous visits to The Amex to play against us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Change the tactics for one.

Personnel wise:

Stephens much needed, don't know about March so much, good player but remains unproven for me.
As per everyone else Ulloa type forward, even a Chris Martin type would do, but a dominant physical presence

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'd sell CMS and O'Grady; CMS because he's in the last stages of his contract and he's very similar to Baldock and Colunga. Use the freed up wages and get a brick shit house in who can hold a ball up and score plenty himself.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
After Saturday all that's needed is someone to put the pigs bladder in the onion bag, defence and midfield were sound and some of the crossing first half was superb. If Barnes or Ulloa was still at the club the game would have been over by half time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here