Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which games this season have been "excellent [Albion] performances"?

Which Albion performances this season do you consider to be "excellent"?

• Shelf Wed (h)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Birmingham (a)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Leeds (a)

Votes: 68 48.2%
  • Bolton (h)

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Charlton (h)

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Brentford (a)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Ipswich (a)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Blackpool (h)

• Nottingham Forest (a)

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Cardiff (h)

Votes: 63 44.7%
  • Watford (a)

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Middlesbrough (h)

• Huddersfield (a)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Rotherham (h)

• Bournemouth (a)

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Wigan (h)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Blackburn (h)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • None of them

Votes: 44 31.2%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tony Bloom said he has seen some excellent Albion performances this season. Which games do you believe were excellent performances?

(You can choose more than one.)

Of the games I've actually been at, Cardiff home.

Came away with a smile on my face having seen fast flowing attacking football from a team that seemed happy and confident. The only difference between us was Kenwyne Jones.

All the rest have been drab, dour affairs that have left me feeling I'd be better off at home with the wife.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There needs to be a 'none' option. Some have been 'decent', but 'excellent' ? Don't think so.

It would be very difficult to make out a case that games have been excellent -perhaps Cardiff at home, which we would have won at a canter, were it not for some truly exceptional goalkeeping. The two away draws at W and NF were encouraging, as was the performance at B'muff, but in all honesty which other home game has been more than average -most decidedly below average.
The problem with these sort of interviews is that we are never really going to get the real truth, as TB is so bound by his allegiances to his employees - this stays in the dressing room is the normal and really quite understandable reasoning. If we were to say that eg our strikers are useless simply to appease opinion, what would they think? they are only human, at the end of the day. Of course, there is also room for cynicism here -might it also be a refusal by TB to admit he made a mistake? Lets assume, as we have to, that with TB's inner knowledge of the workings of the club, that he can see every advantage of sticking with SH, and things will improve come the January transfer window, even if the majority on here have their doubts. As another poster put it, time will tell, but somehow if we go on a run of results that are even worse than has hitherto been the case and we really nose-dive towards Div 1, I think TB will take a different course of action.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We were EXCELLENT away at Leeds and Forest and at home to Cardiff. Pretty good home to Bolton.

The Charlton and Bournemouth matches were excellent GAMES, which is obviously not the same thing...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Of the games I've actually been at, Cardiff home.

Came away with a smile on my face having seen fast flowing attacking football from a team that seemed happy and confident. The only difference between us was Kenwyne Jones.

And Marshall making about half a dozen high class saves.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Honesty None of them that stand out this season so far.
But then I only do home games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Forest was decent. We'd need to actually score to be excellent........

Forest were flying at the time. To get a point there was an excellent performance, which would have resulted in three points, but for CMS' wastefulness in front of goal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds away can be the only game classed as excellent over the course of 90 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here