Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    It shows that whatever Hyppia said at the interview it wasn't based on facts or on field performances

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Slut Faced Whores Tony Meolas Loan Spell's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I think Colunga's been very harshly treated, finally scored against B'muff and put his best performance in an Albion shirt to date in, hasn't got a look in since. Bizarre.
      Two words that fill me with dread. Squad rotation.

That is the nub of why I hate it (unless we are in the Europa leage or something) have a good game, get dropped to be replaced by someone else. Strikers are confidence players they need a run of games not in and out of the side. If they are still sh1t after a run then change them.

It hides behind the I dont know my best team. Annoying.
      Sir RANTSALOT
      BIN THE FINN or we sleepwalk into league one ambition.

REMF quiz Runners up 2011, WINNERS 2013, Runners up 2014.

0 Not allowed!
      How many times have we conceded right after the half time talk?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stevie17 View Post
      hyypia will stay (for the time being).he can count himself very lucky that bloom and the albion board are patient.at another club (blackpool,leeds,birmingham he would have been gone by now).think the board see it as a long term project,hyypia will be given time (possibly 2 or 3 years).,unless it goes terribly wrong and we look like getting relegated.think we have enough in the tank to stave off relegation,would say it looks like a finish of mid-table/lower mid-table (somewhere like 12th to 16th).
      Fully agree that he is rather lucky and TB does seem to be showing support, though even with this declaration of support, I am sure that if results nose-dive even more, then that patience may well run out? At the back of my mind, also, is the scenario that to sack him now would be to admit a huge error was made, and human vanity such as it is . . . Lets be positive and reflect that the January transfer window may see SH able to make his mark on the team/squad, if we believe that hitherto he had little input in recruitment. If this is wrong and he has indeed had the final word, then, well, Crawley here we come! At least it is a short journey and the A23 is complete!
      #cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      It irritated me that he had Lua Lua playing in a central role through August until October when everyone knows he can't play centrally, including the two previous managers.
      Proves that Sami didn't bother to watch all the matchday dvd's from the previous couple of seasons.
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagullsovergrimsby View Post
      Proves that Sami didn't bother to watch all the matchday dvd's from the previous couple of seasons.
      Doesn't prove that at all. It proves that he thinks he knows better and is stubborn enough to keep trying until a) it works or b) we get relegated.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I have to admire the optimism of those who say wait for the January transfer window. We are now in the third international break of the season and in the middle of a loan window. We have brought in three short term loan players of whom only one, Elliott Bennett, has played more than ninety minutes and one, only about four in a position which was not one he was known for. The international breaks, which Hyypia said would give him an opportunity to review tactics and players, have produced no improvement. So bring on January, by which time we will more than likely be further down the table, and a transfer period which the chairman says he doesn't like and in which we have a pretty poor record. Furthermore, given the number of players already on our books, can we actually afford any more?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      I think Colunga's been very harshly treated, finally scored against B'muff and put his best performance in an Albion shirt to date in, hasn't got a look in since. Bizarre.
      Agree with this, was very disappointed to see him returned back to non-starting.
      'with silence I'm becoming fragile, don't you understand. when things that once were beautiful are bland.'
      The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tommynockers View Post
      In my view, I can't see how anyone could have confidence in a manager with that sort of record. When you add a sacking in the middle, it only looks worse!
      What has his Leverkusen record got to do with it?

Most managers lose their jobs after a poor run at their previous club and the only managers that any club will appoint without a poor run is ones they poach from another club where they are still the manager.

By including it, you are basically saying that we should only bring in managers who haven't managed before (like Gus) because they won't have a failure on their CV
      Now of Littlehampton Barnham Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Relegation form with a poorly in balanced thought out squad with a novice management and coaching team.

Don't worry though Barber is building a little empire of middle and senior managers in the mean time to sell tickets to see a poor team.
      Get used to it Palace your on the slide