Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, because he's changed the formation because his doesn't work. Although not ideal wide players, any of Colunga, CMS, Teixeira (or March or Bruno if ever fit again) could play wide in addition to LuaLua.
    It irritated me that he had Lua Lua playing in a central role through August until October when everyone knows he can't play centrally, including the two previous managers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Banned

0 Not allowed!
      hyypia will stay (for the time being).he can count himself very lucky that bloom and the albion board are patient.at another club (blackpool,leeds,birmingham he would have been gone by now).think the board see it as a long term project,hyypia will be given time (possibly 2 or 3 years).,unless it goes terribly wrong and we look like getting relegated.think we have enough in the tank to stave off relegation,would say it looks like a finish of mid-table/lower mid-table (somewhere like 12th to 16th).
      Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      The stats are not good and neither is the position in the league, we are low on confidence, points, wins and direction. For a club that has 'one ambition' what ever that maybe, we are not where we should be. Responsibility for where we are is a top down poor management performance. If we suffer a run of poor results we will be in the drop zone, the whole thing is not right in my opinion, Hyppia can count himself very lucky that he is still there, but then perhaps thats to do more with protecting those who recruited him not wanting to lose face by having to replace him so quickly, thus identifying that they had made the wrong choice.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stevie17 View Post
      would say it looks like a finish of mid-table/lower mid-table (somewhere like 12th to 16th).
      Would be absolutely chuffed to pieces with that and would bite your hand off for it right now.
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      So what happens if Elliott Bennett gets injured or we fail to sign him in January? Do we revert to being shithouse again?
      You never know, his system might start working then!

0 Not allowed!
      I'd disagree with this bit - he's now putting out a formation that will give us a far greater chance of success - full-backs that largely stay back and width from midfield. If he sticks to that then we will not concede too many, it's then whether we can score enough.

The question is did Hyypia change formations because he felt, with the arrival of Elliott Bennett, he had the right personnel for that system or because he finally conceded his preferred approach just wasn't working. I suspect it's the latter.

However, even within this change of approach he got it wrong initially by playing no holding players against Rotherham which led us to be over-run for much of the second half. Playing Ince, as he did against Blackburn, was an improvement.
      I think the formation change was due to Walton going in goal, in order to give him a bit more protection.

We had a defensive set up v Spurs.
      Full backs pushing on v Bournemouth.
      Wingers v Wigan and B'Burn.

All this from a one dimensional manager with no idea about formations.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
      Just out of interest what happened at Leverkusen after he left in terms of results in the interim and once they had a FT replacement?
      They didn't lose 11 out of 12 The biggest worry is these are the figures for Hypia managing alone. Leverkusen did well before the last 12 games but that was when levendoski partnered Hypia. Levendoski went back to the youth team, this is when leverkusen went on the losing streak with Hypia alone. So as a first team manager/ coach ( alone) he has won 4 league games!

0 Not allowed!
      I'd disagree with this bit - he's now putting out a formation that will give us a far greater chance of success - full-backs that largely stay back and width from midfield. If he sticks to that then we will not concede too many, it's then whether we can score enough.

The question is did Hyypia change formations because he felt, with the arrival of Elliott Bennett, he had the right personnel for that system or because he finally conceded his preferred approach just wasn't working. I suspect it's the latter.

However, even within this change of approach he got it wrong initially by playing no holding players against Rotherham which led us to be over-run for much of the second half. Playing Ince, as he did against Blackburn, was an improvement.
      I want Hypia to succeed like we all do ( well nearly all). Why? make decisions like playing Bulldock alone. When he has always played as a supported striker. Then why? bring o'grady on in the 89th minute and take Bulldock off. Playing KLL down the middle, another mystery? No matter how gard I try to believe! With the Winning Stats and tactics, there is a slight woft of clueless in the air!

0 Not allowed!
      no...no it isn't...
      FLOUNDERING...!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      It irritated me that he had Lua Lua playing in a central role through August until October when everyone knows he can't play centrally, including the two previous managers.
      He also shouldn't be playing full 90 mins but that's another discussion that's been done to death.

I think Colunga's been very harshly treated, finally scored against B'muff and put his best performance in an Albion shirt to date in, hasn't got a look in since. Bizarre.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."