Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Is 4 League wins in the last 29 games Good enough?

0 Not allowed!
    In my view, I can't see how anyone could have confidence in a manager with that sort of record. When you add a sacking in the middle, it only looks worse!

0 Not allowed!
    Sacking?
    "Forget the goals, Vicente produced the moment of the match, if not the season here at the Amex, with a slalom like run,
    in which he beat six or seven players before unleashing a fierce drive that rattled the crossbar"
    talkSPORT, 20 March 2012

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sacking?
    At leverkusen. 1 league win in 12. ( sacked) to us, 3 wins in 17!

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tommynockers View Post
    At leverkusen. 1 league win in 12. ( sacked) to us, 3 wins in 17!
    As much as we all wanted Sami to get it right and still do, I find it hard to argue with those stats they talk for themselves simple not good enough and no sign of improvement. We can believe the manager and chairman who insist it is down to injuries and bad luck or players learning the system. However he could not turn it round at Leverkusen & we are dicing with relegation ourselves now. It is a very hard call and Tony seems to be saying in the interviews he thinks he will get it right and is looking at the long term, In a way he is saying stop moaning fans I can see what your seeing, but your not seeing what I am seeing which is behind the scenes.... time will tell I guess.
    PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
    no sign of improvement.
    I'd disagree with this bit - he's now putting out a formation that will give us a far greater chance of success - full-backs that largely stay back and width from midfield. If he sticks to that then we will not concede too many, it's then whether we can score enough.

The question is did Hyypia change formations because he felt, with the arrival of Elliott Bennett, he had the right personnel for that system or because he finally conceded his preferred approach just wasn't working. I suspect it's the latter.

However, even within this change of approach he got it wrong initially by playing no holding players against Rotherham which led us to be over-run for much of the second half. Playing Ince, as he did against Blackburn, was an improvement.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    I'd disagree with this bit - he's now putting out a formation that will give us a far greater chance of success - full-backs that largely stay back and width from midfield. If he sticks to that then we will not concede too many, it's then whether we can score enough.

The question is did Hyypia change formations because he felt, with the arrival of Elliott Bennett, he had the right personnel for that system or because he finally conceded his preferred approach just wasn't working. I suspect it's the latter.

However, even within this change of approach he got it wrong initially by playing no holding players against Rotherham which led us to be over-run for much of the second half. Playing Ince, as he did against Blackburn, was an improvement.
    So what happens if Elliott Bennett gets injured or we fail to sign him in January? Do we revert to being shithouse again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!

I think the formation change was due to Walton going in goal, in order to give him a bit more protection.

We had a defensive set up v Spurs.
    Full backs pushing on v Bournemouth.
    Wingers v Wigan and B'Burn.

All this from a one dimensional manager with no idea about formations.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
    "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

0 Not allowed!

I want Hypia to succeed like we all do ( well nearly all). Why? make decisions like playing Bulldock alone. When he has always played as a supported striker. Then why? bring o'grady on in the 89th minute and take Bulldock off. Playing KLL down the middle, another mystery? No matter how gard I try to believe! With the Winning Stats and tactics, there is a slight woft of clueless in the air!

0 Not allowed!

But we were still dire against Blackburn. We were lucky that BRFC were poor on the day.
    There was nothing in that performance to say that we can get out of the situation we are in.
    Their was a point when BR had a player being treated on the pitch and all the other BR players were by the technical area being instructed by their manager and coach, when I looked at what we were doing SH was still seated NJ was looking at his IPad and our players were talking to each other.

0 Not allowed!
    Ahh I see, you didn't make that clear.
    It's still early.
    "Forget the goals, Vicente produced the moment of the match, if not the season here at the Amex, with a slalom like run,
    in which he beat six or seven players before unleashing a fierce drive that rattled the crossbar"
    talkSPORT, 20 March 2012